Children's day Octoburst

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Children's day Octoburst

Postby i3mum » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 am

1 OCT 2009 - 4 OCT 2009
Dedicated to all children, Octoburst! is an annual event which celebrates the imagination and creativity innate in children with a bounty of treats comprising ticketed and non-ticketed showcases of dance, music, theatre and visual arts. The festival invites children to spend Children’s Day at Esplanade, playing, imagining, exploring and having fun with the arts through our fun-filled programmes. A highlight of Octoburst! is its Children’s Day drawing competition which seeks to draw out each child’s creativity in an encouraging and non-pressurising environment.

Can refer to the following link for more details!

http://www.esplanade.com/youngaudience/

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks! :) I'll check it out. Too bad I can only target the weekends.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy of 2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Just want to update that I brought my kids to watch performances at the concourse and it was great. Highly recommended!

Am looking forward to going again next year if it is still on.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

mummy of 2, Octoburst is held every year. This year was extra 热闹 as it coincided with Moonfest, an annual event to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival.

DH and I brought DD there early (about 11am) so we got a chance to visit the "Postcards to the Moon" exhibition at the Jendela space. After we were done, we went to have lunch before heading to the Concourse. On the way there, we saw a HUGE crowd at Jendela. My DD remarked that we were very lucky to have gone earlier. We also browsed the winning entries of the art competition, "My Colourful Day", that was held on Children's Day itself, on the walls on the 3rd floor, just at the top of the escalators, before you turn to go to the library.

We caught 2 performances, Artsylum Quartet and TOYING with Percussion, before we had to leave for DD's piano and ballet classes. DD enjoyed herself and if schedule permits next year, we'll bring her again.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 am

Octoburst is back again for Children's day this year! Check it out:

http://www.esplanade.com/youngAudience/ ... _home.html

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Social, Outings, and Games