All About Birthday Parties

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

How much would you typically spend on your child's birthday party?

less than $100
22
8%
$101-$200
51
18%
$201-$300
45
16%
$301-$500
63
22%
$501-$700
32
11%
$701-$1000
31
11%
$1001-$1500
38
13%
 
Total votes : 282

All About Birthday Parties

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Has anyone had magic shows for your kid's birthday party before?
Who do you hire and is he/she good?

Also kindly poll how much would you typically spend on your child's birthday party?
Guest
 

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Here're a couple of great articles written by mincy about celebrating birthday parties for toddlers.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Birthday Parties

Postby Fettuccine » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 pm

ks2me wrote:Has anyone had magic shows for your kid's birthday party before?
Who do you hire and is he/she good?

Also kindly poll how much would you typically spend on your child's birthday party?


Hi ks2me,

I'm actually planning a birthday party for my kids in a week time. It all depends your budget and how many kids you are inviting, and if you are providing food for the parents as well.

I have checked gym party packages but all are around $500 to $800. The cheapest does not include food for parents, about 20 kids, excluding goody bags, etc...

For magicians, I hired a package that includes magic show, balloon sculpturing and face glitter painting for $350. Not sure if he is good at the magic show yet...but he is good in balloon sculpturing.

It will be easier on your pocket if you have no particular theme for the party. Cos a theme party will cost alot more. I only bought some Ben 10 decorative/party stuff today and cost me 40 bucks (impulse spending...)

Then of course after adding the food caterer, the bill adds up to $800 - 1000 or more depending on the number of guests, if you are hiring extra kids tables/chairs or other equipments, goodies, hylium gas tank, etc.

As this year is K2 final year for my son, so I treat this like a farewell party as well... :)

Fettuccine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Birthday Parties

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:00 am

Fettuccine wrote:Hi ks2me,

I'm actually planning a birthday party for my kids in a week time. It all depends your budget and how many kids you are inviting, and if you are providing food for the parents as well.

I have checked gym party packages but all are around $500 to $800. The cheapest does not include food for parents, about 20 kids, excluding goody bags, etc...

For magicians, I hired a package that includes magic show, balloon sculpturing and face glitter painting for $350. Not sure if he is good at the magic show yet...but he is good in balloon sculpturing.

It will be easier on your pocket if you have no particular theme for the party. Cos a theme party will cost alot more. I only bought some Ben 10 decorative/party stuff today and cost me 40 bucks (impulse spending...)

Then of course after adding the food caterer, the bill adds up to $800 - 1000 or more depending on the number of guests, if you are hiring extra kids tables/chairs or other equipments, goodies, hylium gas tank, etc.

As this year is K2 final year for my son, so I treat this like a farewell party as well... :)


Thanks Fetticine...the farewell thingy is also what I am doing...hi 5 with you! Actually I did not have exactly a theme party but after pressing the calculator, it's really costly to do a nice party to my horror!!! :?

Now that I see what you are spending...I feel a bit better...this one is called kia si to spend wrongly... :lol:

btw, which magician are you using if you don't mind sharing, sounds good pricing... the one I enquired magic show alone is 300+. *thud*
Guest
 

Re: Birthday Parties

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:44 am

ks2me wrote:...btw, which magician are you using if you don't mind sharing, sounds good pricing... the one I enquired magic show alone is 300+. *thud*


Hey, the guy have to eat also lah... not easy trying to survive as a magician these days. :D

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319



Re: Birthday Parties

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:15 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ks2me wrote:...btw, which magician are you using if you don't mind sharing, sounds good pricing... the one I enquired magic show alone is 300+. *thud*


Hey, the guy have to eat also lah... not easy trying to survive as a magician these days. :D


orrgh...means must support then otherwise they become like the dinosaurs...errr...do you happen to be a magician? :lol:
Guest
 

Postby wwcookie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:43 am

My boy attended a birthday party last month where there is a magic show. Very entertaining - even we adults enjoyed the show not to mention the kids - my boy was literally rolling on the floor laughing :lol: :lol: http://www.funengineerz.com.sg/profpopcorn.php

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Birthday Parties

Postby Fettuccine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:57 pm

ks2me wrote:
...btw, which magician are you using if you don't mind sharing, sounds good pricing... the one I enquired magic show alone is 300+. *thud*


Haha, yes his package quite reasonable. I ever come across one that charges $5000 for a posh birthday party package :shock:

Anyway, I'm not sure if this guys is good with magic shows yet, but seen him doing really cute and unique balloon sculpturing at the Joo Chiat CC fun fair.

His contact:
Magic Edutainment
Richard Lim
Cell: 9455-6529
Tel: 6583-9047
Email: richgal@singnet.com.sg

Fettuccine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Fettuccine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:00 pm

wwcookie wrote:My boy attended a birthday party last month where there is a magic show. Very entertaining - even we adults enjoyed the show not to mention the kids - my boy was literally rolling on the floor laughing :lol: :lol: http://www.funengineerz.com.sg/profpopcorn.php


Wow, must have had alot of fun! I'm looking forward to my kids birthday party next week :D Hope the everything turn out well hehe

Fettuccine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Thanks Fetticine and wwcookie....will check them out! :D

Fetticine...may you have a great party!
Guest
 

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games