Asian Children's Festival 2009

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Asian Children's Festival 2009

Postby schellen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:07 pm

http://www.asianchildrenfest.com/index.htm

sashimi just showed me this link so I'm still checking it out. ACF this year is held from 21-29 Nov, just when the school holiday starts.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Just in case it wasn't clear (wasn't for me actually), the venue for 21 and 22 Nov is National Library (the Bugis one). I'm still unclear what they mean by pre-register though. At the moment, I presume is go earlier on the day itself and register at The Plaza, which is inside the library itself.

Personally, I've picked out some activities that I think DD will enjoy/be interested in but I'm waiting for her to look through the list herself before I confirm which ones to attend.

I'm actually also keen on a number of the fringe activities but....they are either at the wrong time or so far away from where I stay! :cry:

For parents, they have a few talks/workshops too. I recall seeing one on guiding a young child (1-3yo) on learning how to read, another on which films are suitable for children and one more on using "new media", i.e., MSN, Twitter, Facebook, etc. You may need to pre-register though.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thebusybee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks schellen & sashimi for the info, will bring DS down for the 2 days, if possible.

:wink:

thebusybee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

OK, I let DD choose last night and I think if I were her, I'd be exhausted at the end day 1. If she manages to attend all the activities she wants, that is. Quite a number need pre-registration. I think I'll put my foot down and decide for her since I know which ones she won't mind if she misses them.

It's really hard to visualise our schedule for the first day since some activities require equipment like in-line skating and archery, and who knows where the actual venues are until the day itself. So if you're planning to pre-register for a lot of activities, bear in mind the time needed to get in and out of equipment, going for toilet break/lunch break/snack and "travel time" between venues (even though all the activities are held within one building).

Best is that you can spread the activities across the 2 days (most of them repeat on the second day). Unfortunately for us, we can't make it on Day 2 and DD and DH are also attending a recital on the same night as Day 1 so ..... :stupid:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 pm

thebusybee wrote:Thanks schellen & sashimi for the info, will bring DS down for the 2 days, if possible.

:wink:

You're welcome! :) Do give feedback/reviews if you can on Day 1 and any other fringe activities you attend. DD and I only chose 1 fringe activity based on venue and timing. I'll love to find out more about the other activities we'll be missing out on.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Social, Outings, and Games