Christmas Gifts for Age 3 - 6

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Christmas Gifts for Age 3 - 6

Postby bee8250 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Dear All,

I am running out of ideas what to purchase for this age group of kids. Would like to check out with the rest of parents, what would you purchase for this age group.
:frustrated:

cheers
bee8250

bee8250
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 pm

I bought storybooks for my nephews and nieces. My cousins loved the idea of me buying storybooks for them cos it's not something they'll buy regularly and when the kids own the books, they'll tend to want to read more because of the sense of ownership.

For the younger ones (3-4 yo), I bought those reader series.
For the the slightly older ones (5-6 yo), I bought simple novels with loads of pictures in them.

My nephews and nieces are not avid readers, so I bought books which will entice them to read. If your recipients are avid readers, you can try getting slightly 'tougher' books.

Last year I bought educational toys for them, but it's exp even though I got them at around 20-40% off SG retail price. Plus I've got more of them this year, so need to cut back on the budget for individuals. Books are easier on my pocket (got them at the recent book sales - MPH, Penguin & Popular Bookfest).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imp75 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Books are so anti-climax. I usually bring my kids to Toys R Us and let them choose what they want.

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby blueblue » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am

I would prefer friends to give books to my son as I feel that sometimes the toys are not very suitable.

But my hubby and I will bring him out to bring toys.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:44 am

Hi,

Educational toys are good too. NTUC Fariprice Finest at Thomson Plaza is having an atrium sale and I got stuff from there, both books and educational toys - at most I spent up to $12 each. Some examples:

1. Telling Time Bingo for 5+ yrs old $6.00

2.Sing and Read along hardcover book entitled 'Jolly Old St Nicholas' for $12. Comes with a CD with a Read and Sing along story plus 12 bonus christmas songs which my son loves to listen to.

3.Hardcover pull-out tab, lift the flap and turn the wheels book entitled 'The Nutsy Robot' for $10.

Hope this helps.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:20 am

Imp75 wrote:Books are so anti-climax. I usually bring my kids to Toys R Us and let them choose what they want.

When you buy for your own kids, it's easier to buy toys as you know what they like and what they already have.

If I'm buying for my nephews and nieces (at least 20+ of them), I can't possible choose toys which their parents will agree too also (some do not allow guns). Plus they have so many toys already, I'm not sure if what I'm buying will be a repetition.

Interesting books are never anti-climax. I bought Ben 10 books for my nephew who is a Ben 10 fan and he went nuts when he found out I bought the books for him (he overheard my convo with his dad).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy of 2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 am

I also like to buy books as gifts. Besides books, can also consider puzzles, which can be quite educational too. Can check out puzzles by Creatives. I saw that there's a promotion at Toys R Us, whereby puzzles at $8.90 are now marked down to $4.90.

Board games/other games that the whole family can play together is also suitable for kids this age. I have bought Uno Junior, Snap, Snakes & Ladder, and Zingo for my kids.

Another option is arts and crafts matrials. My kids love the Crayola finger paints they received as a gift recently.

There's so much to buy :D

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mum03 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:07 am

Just went shopping for christmas presents, DD wanted a Fur real Cat. Its about $94.00 wz Toys R's Card. Bought some rainbow coloring paint brush for my 2 nieces.
DD got the idea of Fur Real from TV advertisement. It really annoys me now, that the cat Meows whenever I pass my christmas tree :wrongmove: . Its wrapped and sitting under the tree, till boxing day. Seems like it is going to meow till then.
Still have to get more presents for my god son, off to orchard today. Its going to burnt my DH pocket :tongue:

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mummy of 2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am

mum03 wrote:Just went shopping for christmas presents, DD wanted a Fur real Cat. Its about $94.00 wz Toys R's Card. Bought some rainbow coloring paint brush for my 2 nieces.
DD got the idea of Fur Real from TV advertisement. It really annoys me now, that the cat Meows whenever I pass my christmas tree :wrongmove: . Its wrapped and sitting under the tree, till boxing day. Seems like it is going to meow till then.
Still have to get more presents for my god son, off to orchard today. Its going to burnt my DH pocket :tongue:

Wow, what's this Fur Real cat? It's so ex. :?

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mum03 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 am

mummy of 2 wrote:
mum03 wrote:Just went shopping for christmas presents, DD wanted a Fur real Cat. Its about $94.00 wz Toys R's Card. Bought some rainbow coloring paint brush for my 2 nieces.

Wow, what's this Fur Real cat? It's so ex. :?

It looks like a real cat, and it responds to your touches by meowing or blinking their eyes. :roll:
Ya what to do I normally don't buy her any toys. The only time she gets is during Christmas and Birthday. So have to spurlge :love:
Thk God Christmas comes only once a year :D

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games