Firefly trip

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Firefly trip

Postby super_dad » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:04 pm

If you are like me, eaten so much rice and never seen a firefly...make it an outing for your kids. They will love it.

http://nafishnafish-trips.blogspot.com/ ... -trip.html

Not too far...just at Kota Tinggi. (about 1 hour drive from sin)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Firefly trip

Postby jedamum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:20 pm

The thought of having those bugs landing on my hair....Ekkss!!!!

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 pm

As I stay on the ground floor, I have frogs, cats, lizards, and almost a snake climbing right into my backyard. Do I still need to go check out the fireflies? :lol:

But your pictures do make it look so fun, especially the one which makes you look like the crane is pulling your head. :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 pm

fireflies are fascinating creatures...they are actually a sort of beetle...more than flies.

The ride is only about an hour. Children like being in places that are pitch dark....kind of exciting by itself.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm

super_dad wrote:fireflies are fascinating creatures...they are actually a sort of beetle...more than flies.

The ride is only about an hour. Children like being in places that are pitch dark....kind of exciting by itself.

The problem with such trips is my kid is very sensitive to insects big, he will just get big swollen bums from bites and the swell is hard to recede. I tried bringing him to some of this field trips, and boy, so many swells that looks scary.

Any remedy anyone know for this?

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 pm

phantom wrote:
super_dad wrote:fireflies are fascinating creatures...they are actually a sort of beetle...more than flies.

The problem with such trips is my kid is very sensitive to insects big, he will just get big swollen bums from bites and the swell is hard to recede. I tried bringing him to some of this field trips, and boy, so many swells that looks scary.

Hmmm...for this trip, you will hardly touch the insect. It is more of a sit on the boat and ooh and ahhh kind of thing.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Firefly trip

Postby Vevey » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 am

super_dad wrote:If you are like me, eaten so much rice and never seen a firefly...make it an outing for your kids. They will love it.

http://nafishnafish-trips.blogspot.com/ ... -trip.html

Not too far...just at Kota Tinggi. (about 1 hour drive from sin)

Oh, dint know there's firefly so nearby!
Tot we had to return to Kuala Selangor 1 of these days to let the kids experience that. Loved the peace & quiet of such boat rides.

Thanks for the link & it's a nice blog too!
Already bookmarked it. :D

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby super_dad » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 am

Hi everyone.

I am back. :wink:

Just wondering if there is any interest to do a firefly trip? If so, I can organise one. Perhaps during the upcoming Good friday.

It will be a self expense trip. And probably need your own ride. (unless you can hop on to someone's else).

Do indicate your interest here.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mo4 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:09 pm

phantom wrote:

Hi.. My fourth child have same problem with your kids. One time he got mosquito bits on the ear and it was swollen like pig's ear. And when i touch it, it like burning hot.Then i went to consulted one doctor, he give this cream very good. He said that my child is allegy to the "saliva" that the mosquitoes inject to the body to temperally stop the blood to clog. But have to apply straight after the bit, if after a few hours, then not so effective. I will pm you the address of the doctor.

But my advice to you is when you want to bring the children outdor trips, best is to apply mosquitoes repellent to avoid those bites.

mo4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Social, Outings, and Games