Bring your kids to watch mandarin musical play

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Bring your kids to watch mandarin musical play

Postby xidigou » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey all!

Glad to find this forum! Have a 10 year old boy at home. Shoulda found this forum earlier.

I really wanted to find out who else's bringing their kids to watch this show, Red Sun Rises in ShaoShan.

The musical play will portray Chairman Mao in his youth, adulthood and old age, the drama prominently displays Comrade Mao Zedong's feelings for his hometown, his friends and relatives.

I think it'll be a great show for my kid, one part because it's in Chinese, one part because it's about a legendary figure in history. Definitely gotta brush up the importance of mandarin to him.

Hope to see some kids there too!

I think you can find more information here, where I bought my tickets from.

www.apesnap.com/event/redsun

xidigou
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mummy of 2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

I have been bringing DS1 to watch English plays and am interested in bringing him to watch plays in Mandarin. However the one you recommended is not suitable as he's only 4 y.o :D

Do share if you happen to know of plays suitable for younger kids like mine. :wink:
Last edited by mummy of 2 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy of 2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi xidgou

I'm not sure if your child will be interested. There will be a play on Ugly Duckling in Mandarin on 2 & 3 Apr. Details can be found on Sistic website below:

https://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?dt. ... e=duck0410

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby redjazzy » Thu May 13, 2010 6:36 am

I miss this

do share if there is another Chinese play coming up

thanks

redjazzy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Social, Outings, and Games