Moral Education Enrichment Class

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Moral Education Enrichment Class

Postby knowledge321 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Any parent have any recommendation for moral education enrichment class for teenager? I feel that these days the school is not so concern to impart moral values to the students, in fact from the feedback i received from my son who is in sec 2 the moral education lesson is always replaced with academic subject like maths or science. To make-up for this, my friend introduce me to get my son to attend Dharma class in buddhist temple. Any comments?

knowledge321
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby minnie2004 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:36 am

I'm also interested in such kind of classes for my kindergarten kids. Which buddhist temple offers this? I've heard someone metioned one that offers classes in 弟子规 but not exactly sure where.

Besides moral education classes I'm also looking for EQ/life experience classes that teaches them how to control emotions and interact with other people.

Given the fact that my kids are getting more rebellious and hard to control each day, I feel these kind of classes are more important than academic ones.

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Moral Education Enrichment Class

Postby sydney » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 pm

knowledge321 wrote:Any parent have any recommendation for moral education enrichment class for teenager? I feel that these days the school is not so concern to impart moral values to the students, in fact from the feedback i received from my son who is in sec 2 the moral education lesson is always replaced with academic subject like maths or science. To make-up for this, my friend introduce me to get my son to attend Dharma class in buddhist temple. Any comments?

I fully agree with you.

sydney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby troubled » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 am

I know that the temple near Brickland road has buddhist classes for kids as young as K2 and even for Secondary children.

Anyone found EQ/life experiences classes??

troubled
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby e3nity » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm

I heard that the buddhist temple along punggol road provides classes like this over the weekend.. The temple is call pu ti yuan.. perhaps you would like to check it out.. =)

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby PAPASAN » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:46 am

I wish to share with you this Cultural group that offers Moral Educations from pre-schoolers to grown ups .

Many families with teenage child problems , family and Marital issues have benefited from the class .

You may wish to make enquiries with :
Xi yao Cultural Society
Tel : 6 8421123

PAPASAN
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mommsie101 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

What about going to a church?

mommsie101
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt