Stationery and School bags

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules
Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.
ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Re: Stationery and School bags

Post by ammonite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Aurorasea wrote: How about refills? Can bring in a small one? Do most schools provide a drink fountain?
yes, of course, you can bring a small water bottle and that was what I gave kid initially. One day he came back and said he needed a much bigger one because the teacher did not allow the class to go out and refill their bottles. After PE and on hot days he would be very thirsty and the small bottle was insufficient if he could not refill. So do consider the teacher factor and your child's activity level.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Aurorasea wrote: Those bags look super heavy but the kids look like only lower primary and seem busy running around or playing phone games. Possible to have such heavy bags in lower P? (Or maybe didn’t pack......) :nosebleed:
yes it is possible, esp if there are no lockers (or not encouraged to use lockers) and if the children cannot leave books under the desk. Every school (and every teacher) is different of course. Plus every child is different - some are already quite big and heavy at P1, others are tiny. So my suggestion is to consider the weight (and dimension) of the bag as proportionate to your child's weight to give you a better idea. So if the bag is 7 kg and your child is 21 kg, that is a third of his weight. For a 51kg adult, that would be akin to carrying a 17kg bag of rice spread across half your height.

I am sure there are some schools (and teachers) that take a very active interest in this aspect, but there are many more that don't.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:320

Post by ChiefKiasu » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:22 pm

ammonite wrote:yes, of course, you can bring a small water bottle and that was what I gave kid initially. One day he came back and said he needed a much bigger one because the teacher did not allow the class to go out and refill their bottles. After PE and on hot days he would be very thirsty and the small bottle was insufficient if he could not refill. So do consider the teacher factor and your child's activity level.
Strange that his teacher would not allow them to refill bottles especially after PE. Must be some kind of punishment :lol:

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:53

Post by zac's mum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ammonite wrote:yes, of course, you can bring a small water bottle and that was what I gave kid initially. One day he came back and said he needed a much bigger one because the teacher did not allow the class to go out and refill their bottles. After PE and on hot days he would be very thirsty and the small bottle was insufficient if he could not refill. So do consider the teacher factor and your child's activity level.
Strange that his teacher would not allow them to refill bottles especially after PE. Must be some kind of punishment :lol:
Teachers usually don’t allow the kids in DS’ school to anyhowly leave the classroom for small matters. Even if using toilet excuse must be real emergency case.

Because some boys leave the classroom, wander off, and keep wandering forget to come back...

totoro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by totoro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 am

If the zip of impact school bag spoiled, can it be service ? Where to service it?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:47

Post by Estéema » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 pm

totoro wrote:If the zip of impact school bag spoiled, can it be service ? Where to service it?
Try being to neigbourhood seamstress for alteration & asks if they can replace zipper. However, most do not do complicated ones coz it’s not easy for them to if they do not hv heavy duty sewing machine.

Ano place to explorevis the Queensway Sopping Centre. There are some shops that machine sports items.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:53

Post by zac's mum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 pm

totoro wrote:If the zip of impact school bag spoiled, can it be service ? Where to service it?
Try contacting the Singapore distributor. I vaguely remember there’s some warranty (but I threw away my card after 1 year I think):

https://www.impactlifestyle.com.sg/contact-us/

totoro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by totoro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Try contacting the Singapore distributor. I vaguely remember there’s some warranty (but I threw away my card after 1 year I think):

https://www.impactlifestyle.com.sg/contact-us/
Thanks for your info!