Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby Just4Fun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:34 am

Happy Mama wrote:
711mum wrote:
Just4Fun wrote:Anyone has any idea when will the Eng and Maths results be out? Possible only in nov ?

Hi,
Not that late, if I remember correctly, last year was out in Oct.

Yes it was out in October last year.

Thank you Happy Mama & 711mum!

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Taurus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:47 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:
Poohbear wrote:Hi,

Anyone know the grading scheme of UNSW?

ie, For the science paper, DD1 has a raw score of 19/30 but on her certificate, she was awarded a Distinction. Eh.. .the marks and the grade don really tie :?

Appreciate any advise. Thks :please:

it is possible for a 19/30 to be "Distinction" because 89% participants score below 19/30..... :lol:

May i know 19/30 for science is for which level?

Taurus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Taurus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:
Poohbear wrote:Hi,

Anyone know the grading scheme of UNSW?

ie, For the science paper, DD1 has a raw score of 19/30 but on her certificate, she was awarded a Distinction. Eh.. .the marks and the grade don really tie :?

Appreciate any advise. Thks :please:

it is possible for a 19/30 to be "Distinction" because 89% participants score below 19/30..... :lol:

Hi,

May i know 19/30 for science is refering to which level?

Taurus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm

The English paper results are out. DD got back the certificate today.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Taurus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Does ur kids' sch give out P3 Science question paper?

Taurus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Based on last year and this year, DD got back the complete set. Question paper, mark sheet (with analysis) and the certificate.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm

jtoh wrote:Yes, only the medal winners are invited for the prize presentation ceremony. Medal winners are the top scorers of that particular subject in Singapore.

A High Distinction in UNSW is a plus for DSAs but depending on the school you apply for, the importance of it will vary. For eg at NUSH, a lot of the students applying there would have High Distinctions in Math and Science so it's like de rigeur. At some other schools, a High Distinction would be looked upon more favorably at DSA. Someone I know who had High Distinctions in Science, Math and English saw the interviewers pointing at her UNSW certs and nodding her head during the interview.

Hi jtoh, based on the above, can I confirm that there will be no medal or award for High Distinction? Only the top scorer for each subject per cohort will receive a medal ie only 3 per level?

Oh dear, I've just mislead DD into thinking she'll get an award for her English. :slapshead: :slapshead:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Just4Fun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Happy Mama wrote:The English paper results are out. DD got back the certificate today.

:congrats: to Happy mama... yr DD is P4 right ? How come I can't see the result when I logon to the website ? School releases result sooner than the website? :?

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Just4Fun wrote: :congrats: to Happy mama... yr DD is P4 right ? How come I can't see the result when I logon to the website ? School releases result sooner than the website? :?

:thankyou: Just4Fun. Yes DD is in Pri 4 this year.
I'm surprised she received the English results so early because for Science, they got back almost 3 weeks after most of you received the results.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Just4Fun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Happy Mama wrote:
Just4Fun wrote: :congrats: to Happy mama... yr DD is P4 right ? How come I can't see the result when I logon to the website ? School releases result sooner than the website? :?

:thankyou: Just4Fun. Yes DD is in Pri 4 this year.
I'm surprised she received the English results so early because for Science, they got back almost 3 weeks after most of you received the results.

I thought website will know result sooner.. now I hv to wait patiently.
Thx!

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres