Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:
jtoh wrote:
Happy Mama wrote:
Oh dear, I've just mislead DD into thinking she'll get an award for her English. :slapshead: :slapshead:

Hi. Haven't been logging in to ksp. Yes, only the top scorer will get the medal. But HD is good. :) I believe one or more of our ksp's kids received a UNSW medal last year.

roughly how many medal winners for each subject, any idea?

Top scorer in Singapore so it should be one per subject unless there are many ties in top scores in Singapore??? :yikes: :scratchhead:

Postby Just4Good » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Happy Mama wrote:
Just4Fun wrote::congrats: Yr girl really makes u a HAPPY mummy.
DS has not even rec'd anything for English ( yes, English) fr school yet.
Very very slow ! I hv to wait for website to get the latest update.

:thankyou: just4fun.
Your DS has still not received his Eng results? That's really slow. Did you check with the school?

deleted

Just4Good
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Just4Fun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Happy Mama wrote:
Just4Fun wrote::congrats: Yr girl really makes u a HAPPY mummy.
DS has not even rec'd anything for English ( yes, English) fr school yet.
Very very slow ! I hv to wait for website to get the latest update.

:thankyou: just4fun.
Your DS has still not received his Eng results? That's really slow. Did you check with the school?

Hi Happy Mama & 711mum,
Yeap, teriible slow.
Didn't want to bother the teacher now, cos he is busy trying to complete teaching the exam syllabus ... and exam is next week !
Anyway, I hv got DS's Eng result via the website. So now am checking for his Maths... Based on previous experience, it will be a wk after announcement by Happymama . :smile:

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby HyperKiasu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm

ksi wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:
jtoh wrote:Hi. Haven't been logging in to ksp. Yes, only the top scorer will get the medal. But HD is good. :) I believe one or more of our ksp's kids received a UNSW medal last year.

Top scorer in Singapore so it should be one per subject unless there are many ties in top scores in Singapore??? :yikes: :scratchhead:

for Maths, Science, it is quite possible to have some ties, say a few talented kids score full marks. but for Eng Writing, not too sure.....

according to UNSW website, in Sydney, there are even multi-medalists. And these multi-medalists and other subject medalists are nearly dominated by ASIAN kids (included Indian). Not very surprising, it is phenomenon..... :wink:

btw, your avatar is super cute.......what will be ur next one? always so creative and impressive.... :salute:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby clover18 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 am

ksi wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:
jtoh wrote:Hi. Haven't been logging in to ksp. Yes, only the top scorer will get the medal. But HD is good. :) I believe one or more of our ksp's kids received a UNSW medal last year.

the nsw math results is out on the website. by the way, how will the child know if he is a medal winner? Are they informed through the school?

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Marc Ma » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 am

clover18 wrote:the nsw math results is out on the website. by the way, how will the child know if he is a medal winner? Are they informed through the school?

only Full Marks scorer gets a medal.

Marc Ma
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HyperKiasu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm

ya, result is out... Cheers!

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 711mum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Confirm result is out.

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 pm

clover18 wrote:
the nsw math results is out on the website. by the way, how will the child know if he is a medal winner? Are they informed through the school?

Yes.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby clover18 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Marc Ma wrote:
clover18 wrote:

only Full Marks scorer gets a medal.

I thought its the top scorer nation wide, did not realize only perfect scorers get medal. Thanks.

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres