Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby Canvas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 am

Does anyone know if we can take the UNSW papers externally? To be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic enough previously and opted my Pri 3 DS out of the papers and now then I realised that they could be useful. :sad:

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Marc Ma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 am

Miracle Child wrote:Yes, know all DS results although the Math cert not back yet. So proud of him...he had high distinction for all 3 subjects. :dancing:

Congrates Miracle Child!

How old is your child?
Your child's school signed up for all the subjects by the school?

My son's school only signed him up for Math. How do the school select which subject to sign up for?

Thanks

Marc Ma
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Marc Ma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

Canvas wrote:Does anyone know if we can take the UNSW papers externally? To be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic enough previously and opted my Pri 3 DS out of the papers and now then I realised that they could be useful. :sad:

I have checked with UNSW before, only can be taken through their school.
maybe you can call them to check again.

Marc Ma
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Miracle Child » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks, thanks.

My DS is in P3. I am not sure how the school selects the subjects. DS just brought home forms for all 3 subjects and we signed him up for all of them as DS said he was keen.

Perhaps you may wish to ask the school the basis in preparation for next year....I didn't know there was creative writing until I read from this forum...DS is also very keen in story writing.

Miracle Child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Canvas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 am

Marc Ma wrote:
Canvas wrote:Does anyone know if we can take the UNSW papers externally? To be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic enough previously and opted my Pri 3 DS out of the papers and now then I realised that they could be useful. :sad:

I have checked with UNSW before, only can be taken through their school.
maybe you can call them to check again.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I will ask the school. I am a lazy mum, whatever "extra" test, I opted out. Likewise for tuition. Sigh.

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Marc Ma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am

Miracle Child wrote:Thanks, thanks.

My DS is in P3. I am not sure how the school selects the subjects. DS just brought home forms for all 3 subjects and we signed him up for all of them as DS said he was keen.

Perhaps you may wish to ask the school the basis in preparation for next year....I didn't know there was creative writing until I read from this forum...DS is also very keen in story writing.

My son's school only provide the form for Math. I was hoping they have more subjects to allow the kids to try it out.

Your DS sounds like a bright and hard working boy!

Marc Ma
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jamesbond » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Miracle Child wrote:Yes, know all DS results although the Math cert not back yet. So proud of him...he had high distinction for all 3 subjects. :dancing:

wow.....thats great... :congrats:

Jamesbond
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby HAPPYH » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Wow! Congratulations!

HAPPYH
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm

:congrats: Miracle Child.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ss501 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Dear all,
I am looking for the ICAS 2012 Science Paper D (for Primary 5) answer key. If you have it, can you reply here or PM me. Thanks in advance.

ss501
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres