Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby dagong99 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:36 pm

sleepy wrote:anyone received ICAS Science result?

No, no news yet .... ICAS Computer ?

dagong99
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:36 pm

auntieM wrote:
TravelMummy wrote:Hi! My dd's school does not seem to offer any UNSW exams. How do we sign up on our own? Is it too late for this year? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

My DS just did his UNSW English paper today.. ..
Less than half his class sitting for this de...

Yup.. Science on 23/4, English today, Math on 30/7.
In DS' school, registration closed end of Feb..

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dagong99 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:39 pm

auntieM wrote:
TravelMummy wrote:Hi! My dd's school does not seem to offer any UNSW exams. How do we sign up on our own? Is it too late for this year? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Yup, ICAS English today ... my DS worst subject :sweat:

dagong99
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dagong99 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:40 pm

firefly38 wrote:
auntieM wrote:

In DS' school, registration closed end of Feb..

DS school registration closed long ago, think Feb too ...

dagong99
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm

dagong99 wrote:
auntieM wrote:

Yup, ICAS English today ... my DS worst subject :sweat:

Heard that some schools stop offering NSW Tests coz the Principals feel that the tests are not useful to DSA & PSLE.. One school I know of is Ai Tong School, as my nieces are studying there.

But I feel that its good for pupils to have exposure to various types of assessments (especially those from overseas schools). DS finds it fun too, since he doesn't need to study or prepare for the tests.. :smile:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TravelMummy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm

firefly38 wrote:
auntieM wrote:

In DS' school, 'registration closed end of Feb..

Thanks for all your quick responses. Is this always done thru school? DD's school doesn't participate in this at all, and didn't sign up for anybody. Can anyone register for this outside of the school auspices? Or must it always be through school?

TravelMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm

firefly38 wrote:
Heard that some schools stop offering NSW Tests coz the Principals feel that the tests are not useful to DSA & PSLE.. One school I know of is Ai Tong School, as my nieces are studying there.

But I feel that its good for pupils to have exposure to various types of assessments (especially those from overseas schools). DS finds it fun too, since he doesn't need to study or prepare for the tests.. :smile:

I agree. It's rather stress-free as there's no need to prepare for it and if the kids do well, their confidence gets a boost. I would think that if you scored a High Distinction it would still look good on your DSA portfolio. :)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby iFirefly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 pm

jtoh wrote:
firefly38 wrote:

I agree. It's rather stress-free as there's no need to prepare for it and if the kids do well, their confidence gets a boost. I would think that if you scored a High Distinction it would still look good on your DSA portfolio. :)

Oh yes.. My nieces said the pupils were told (by the P) that only High Distinctions are useful for DSA, but HD are pretty hard to attain, so the school decides to stop administering the tests altogether.. My nieces are disappointed coz they like to sit for the NSW Tests. They say the Test Booklets are so colorful & pretty.. :lol:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm

firefly38 wrote:Oh yes.. My nieces said the pupils were told (by the P) that only High Distinctions are useful for DSA, but HD are pretty hard to attain, so the school decides to stop administering the tests altogether.. My nieces are disappointed coz they like to sit for the NSW Tests. They say the Test Booklets are so colorful & pretty.. :lol:

I like the booklets too. Where do u find such nice exam booklets, always so boring :rotflmao:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:48 pm

The schools should just allow those who want to take the test to continue to do so.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres