Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby december21 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:17 pm

I sent an email to EAA..they confirm entry into the ICAS can only be accepted from registered schools. EAA will only accept student entries from the school at which the student iscurrently enrolled. EAA is unable to accept parent requests to enroll their child in ICAS.

So if ds sch does not participate, he will have no opportunity to experience or any exposure to this..

december21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby TulipisPink » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 am

perhaps u can write to sch to request them to participate in this test

TulipisPink
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:46 am

I think UNSW stated that the tests are meant for benchmarking for their research study....of course they have to give ranking to students who took part in order to encourage participation

that explains why not many schools look highly on the UNSW certs
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:52 am

we have not received the cert for some papers and the teacher mentioned that it has been distributed.
how ah?
not that my son did very well la...but it is a piece of effort after all (paid somemore).
sian..

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby vlim » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 am

jedamum wrote:we have not received the cert for some papers and the teacher mentioned that it has been distributed.
how ah?
not that my son did very well la...but it is a piece of effort after all (paid somemore).
sian..

Tell the teacher tt your son has not received la ... And get her to check for you ... :roll:
Last edited by vlim on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 711mum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 am

Hi jedamum,

Now that term 4 is near end, you should have received by now, dd school has also progressively given out certs and reports to participating students and the last one was received last month. As you said, whether good or bad, it is still a piece of effort after all, I agree with vlim that you should feedback to the school teacher.

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 am

711mum wrote:Hi jedamum,

Now that term 4 is near end, you should have received by now, dd school has also progressively given out certs and reports to participating students and the last one was received last month. As you said, whether good or bad, it is still a piece of effort after all, I agree with vlim that you should feedback to the school teacher.

Oops .... I think my p3 dd hasn't received her UNSW Sci result yet .... Shall check with teacher if she still doesn't received it by end this week... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.we r missing the science
n Eng D cert.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm

jedamum wrote:Thanks for the suggestions.we r missing the science
n Eng D cert.

My son has received the eng cert a few weeks back. He did not take the science NSW test. So go check with the teacher for the cert tomorrow. You can also check the NSW website. I remembered they do indicate the date for releasing the results for the respective subjects.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 711mum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

I find it odd as UNSW sci result was the first to be given out :scratchhead:

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres