Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby Blue Pearl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Tks for your sharing hquek . Agree with you that no point wasting too much time and effort.

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby buds » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm

My DD did many of these tests.

Unless the results are of higher distinction, it really isn't much use to put up in portfolio for DSA and what nots. Treat it as a report and gauge of your child's real raw ability. The questions will be returned so you will know what's tested and how your child fared in detail.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blue Pearl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:41 pm

K tks. So there is nothing to prepare. Just bring the kid to the venue for the competition. will take this to guage her standard. Tks.

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hquek » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Blue Pearl wrote:K tks. So there is nothing to prepare. Just bring the kid to the venue for the competition. will take this to guage her standard. Tks.

Not organised by school? If it is, then the testing should take place during school hours or perhaps after hours but within premises ba.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Blue Pearl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Venue not adv but was told that it will be after school hours. If in school premise good. Tks for ur sharing

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re

Postby Playworkz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:05 pm

re

Playworkz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby erictty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:07 pm

How do i know if my DD school is taking part in this?
My DD is in NYPS.. can any parents advise?

erictty
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phtthp » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 pm

usually, those primary schools that participate in UNSW Competition will give letters in advance to parents a few months ahead, advise parents when are the Test dates for English / Maths / Science, conducted in SG, normally conducted in their own primary school's premises.

This way, parents can buy past year Test papers, to let their child practise, beforehand first.

However, not all primary schools wish to participate in UNSW.
Some schools do not participate.
if a child's primary school did not participate, then child cannot take UNSW exam, because UNSW do not allow private candidates' enrolment, to take the test. UNSW replied that must go through the school's channel.

my dd's school had already issued to parents, the notice.
different level (P2 to P6), and different subject (English / Maths / Science) : different UNSW test dates, in Sg

perhaps you may contact your school (NYPS) : ask the admin Officer in charge, when you'll receive the notice, if u had not received already ? The Officer will be able to help you, for more detail.
if sit for the Test : costs around $9, per subject (for P2)
not sure about other level Subject costs

P1 too young : don't have UNSW Tests

heard that different school got different practice
my dd school : any child who is interested / keen, can just register, to take the UNSW Tests

in some of my friends' kids primary schools : heard that the Subject Tr only ask some students in class selectively, whether they keen to take the Test, or not

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby erictty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks for your response.
I email the teacher, she said open to all.
But i didn't receive any letter..
Plus the dates I see from some schools different from the dates published on the website. So really no clue.. what's happening.. hiaz...
Science on paper (fr Friend's DS school) show Apr 17.
Website shows Jun 3.
So which is correct?

erictty
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phtthp » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:12 pm

perhaps u may contact NYPS English HOD / Maths HOD / Science HOD / VP (Admin) : when will they give out letters to parents, to sign up their child ?

for P2 : UNSW Tests are in July
Last edited by phtthp on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres