UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules
Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.
FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:11

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:28 pm

I have science paper D to let go, please pm me if anyone is interested.

mum2b
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by mum2b » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 am

Hi,
Have the following UNSW ICAS papers to let go.
Pls PM if keen. Thanks.

Paper C (P4)
2012 English & Math
2013 English & Math

Paper D (P5)
2012 Science, English & Math
2013 English & Math
2016 Science & Math
2014 Science (copy)
2015 Science (copy)

Paper E (P6)
2013 Science, English & Math

LoveMyMelody
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LoveMyMelody » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi,

I'm selling used ICAS Science past paper F (for Sec 1) 2017. Pls pm me if you are interested.
Last edited by LoveMyMelody on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

chanpree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chanpree » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 am

I understand that for this year 2019 there will be no independent candidates allowed to sit for exams and allowed only through schools. I was wondering why the school hasnt send out invitations this year. Looks like they have dropped it. This is really unfortunate as my DS was keen on preparing this year ☹. Any other assessments recommended similar to ICAS which he can try?

coast
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by coast » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:59 pm

chanpree wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 am
I understand that for this year 2019 there will be no independent candidates allowed to sit for exams and allowed only through schools. I was wondering why the school hasnt send out invitations this year. Looks like they have dropped it. This is really unfortunate as my DS was keen on preparing this year ☹. Any other assessments recommended similar to ICAS which he can try?
You may want to confirm with your school whether it is no longer participating in ICAS. Since a few years ago, some schools have reduced their participation or dropped it totally.

You can still purchase ICAS past years papers to let him try (answers are provided).

How old is your DS? You may want to check with his school what Math Olympiad competitions they are participating and see if he is interested.

chanpree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chanpree » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:06 pm

coast wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:59 pm
chanpree wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 am
You may want to confirm with your school whether it is no longer participating in ICAS. Since a few years ago, some schools have reduced their participation or dropped it totally.

You can still purchase ICAS past years papers to let him try (answers are provided).

How old is your DS? You may want to check with his school what Math Olympiad competitions they are participating and see if he is interested.
Thank you coast for the details. Yes I have confirmed with the school admin that no invitations given out this year. May be I will mail them and ask more details on it. Yes he participated in SASMO. But looks like his school is not participating in other olympiads and many recognized olympiads say only can participate through school. He is in Primary 4.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:11

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 pm

I just received an email from SIMCC ( Sasmo organiser) on unsw / ICAS competition registration. Details in link below, for those interested. Looks like SIMCC has taken over as the organiser, test venue at NUS School of Computing.

https://unswicas.sg/