Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

UNSW Competition / Paper

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: UNSW Competition / Paper

Postby JAR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 am

Poohbear wrote:Hi Hyperkiasu,

Thks for sharing. Does this mean, the UNSW grading works the same way like our PSLE? ie Bell curve and there is no absolute cut off marks for a certain grade? :cool:

According to UNSW,
High Distinction Certificate is awarded to the top 1% of participants
Distinction Certificate for the next 10% of participants
Credit Certificate for the next 25% of participants
Participation Certificate for all remaining participants

http://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/icas/awards

So if the paper is difficult and majority of the cohort did not do well(low raw score), it is possible to obtain distinction will a lower mark.
It's all about relative to the cohort for each year level in each state or country.

May I know when your kid received their result/certificate? My DS's school still has not released the result/certificate yet. Wandering what is holding them back :scratchhead:

JAR
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

KSD wrote:Both Computer & Science Result Out.
Check http://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/student-portal

I used my son last year student ID and password to go in. The result is not shown. :( My son only take science paper this year.

Will they give different ID and password every year?

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 am

MrsSeah wrote:I used my son last year student ID and password to go in. The result is not shown. :( My son only take science paper this year.

Will they give different ID and password every year?

DD has not received her Science results from school yet. May I know how to get the ID and password to log in to check results?

Just curious, are science results out for all levels, or do they release by levels?

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Poohbear » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:09 am

Hi JAR,

Thks for the details. Appreciate it :celebrate:

DD brought back both the result and cert on 6 Aug.

Poohbear
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby musette » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 am

If your child has not changed school, the student ID and password should still be unchanged. These can be obtained from her certificate/ result summary from last year. But if this is the first time your child is taking the UNSW paper, then I guess you will have to wait for the paper results.

The Science results for all levels are out and should be available online, but schools may not have given out the result and cert yet.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am

musette wrote:If your child has not changed school, the student ID and password should still be unchanged. These can be obtained from her certificate/ result summary from last year. But if this is the first time your child is taking the UNSW paper, then I guess you will have to wait for the paper results.

The Science results for all levels are out and should be available online, but schools may not have given out the result and cert yet.

Thanks musette.

So if it's not the first time but the child has changed school, it means the ID and password will be different?... and hence need to wait for paper results?

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:36 am

Happy Mama wrote:
musette wrote:If your child has not changed school, the student ID and password should still be unchanged. These can be obtained from her certificate/ result summary from last year. But if this is the first time your child is taking the UNSW paper, then I guess you will have to wait for the paper results.

Thanks musette.

So if it's not the first time but the child has changed school, it means the ID and password will be different?... and hence need to wait for paper results?

Yes.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Happy Mama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

jtoh wrote:Yes.

:thankyou: jtoh! :smile:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsSeah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks.

I log in yesterday with my ds last year ID & password and they only show last year English paper result. Last year P2 he took English only, this year he took Science only.

Maybe try again tonight. mmmm........ thinking is it they issue different ID & password since it is a different subject taking as last year. :p

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby JAR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Poohbear wrote:Hi JAR,

Thks for the details. Appreciate it :celebrate:

DD brought back both the result and cert on 6 Aug.

You are welcome. :love:

I ask DS form teacher and obviously his school had just received the result and certificate from UNSW. Once sorted, it will be given out. DS's form teacher manages to find out DS's result from the in-charge, so now I know. :imcool:

JAR
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres