Mathematics Symposium

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Mathematics Symposium

Postby mumwgals » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 am

Hi,

May I know what is Mathematics Symposium? What do the child expect to do in the session? Discussion? Presentation? Appreciate any information provided.

Thanks!

mumwgals
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Donkey Kong » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:11 am

Is your child from GEP? :lol:

In adult terms, it is something like scientific conference to present papers. :shock:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mumwgals » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Donkey Kong wrote:In adult terms, it is something like scientific conference to present papers. :shock:

oh...ok, so symposium is different from a workshop? *sorry, if it sounded silly, but I have no idea what's a symposium? :?

mumwgals
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed May 05, 2010 12:56 pm

I hv never seen one for kids before.

Yes, it is a workshop and you are required to contribute. ie cannot sleep all the way. :lol:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mumwgals » Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Donkey Kong 8) . There is one coming up in June for the primary sch students. I was thinking of getting more information, cause need to push back some holiday plans if my daughter accepts the invitation. Any way, she has accepted the invitation, hopefully she will not sleep all the way in the workshop :lol: .

mumwgals
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support