[PSLE MT] Petition against lower mother tongue weightage

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Start a petition?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes : 6

[PSLE MT] Petition against lower mother tongue weightage

Postby ruyu » Sat May 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Cheif i was thinking of everyone who opposes the mt weightage to sign a petition on kp and submit to MOE. What do you think? Shall we do it?

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Petition against lower mother tongue weightage

Postby xxjustakidxx » Sat May 08, 2010 5:09 pm

ruyu wrote:Cheif i was thinking of everyone who opposes the mt weightage to sign a petition on kp and submit to MOE. What do you think? Shall we do it?

Thanks for your mind, but a petition has already began. An official facebook group with a number to call in order to oppose has been created as well.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pslemothertongue
Here you go. It has been reported in the newspaper as well. But don't worry. Its under review, and most probably, they'll end the review based on PSLE results this year, so earliest next year it would start.

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ruyu » Sat May 08, 2010 5:30 pm

xxjustakidxx wrote:
ruyu wrote:Cheif i was thinking of everyone who opposes the mt weightage to sign a petition on kp and submit to MOE. What do you think? Shall we do it?

Thanks for your mind, but a petition has already began. An official facebook group with a number to call in order to oppose has been created as well.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pslemothertongue
Here you go. It has been reported in the newspaper as well. But don't worry. Its under review, and most probably, they'll end the review based on PSLE results this year, so earliest next year it would start.

i know we start a new one more petitions younger generation wont be affected

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MMM » Sat May 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Besides FB, also heard about the petition at the speakers' corner?

I just hope that everyone who feels strongly about it must made their views known.

Still don't understand the intention to help the 10% minority. Sacrifice the majority to help the minority :? Also on FB, someone posted results of past PSLE performance. It appeared that passing rate for CL is almost as good as EL. Meanwhile Maths has a poor showing....

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat May 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Don't we already have a poll in the other thread that allows people to state their opinion? Given the seriously of the issue, you can rest assured that MOE will be closely monitoring the Internet for opinions, including that thread. There's no need to duplicate efforts of others in setting up yet another petition.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ruyu » Sun May 09, 2010 5:20 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Don't we already have a poll in the other thread that allows people to state their opinion? Given the seriously of the issue, you can rest assured that MOE will be closely monitoring the Internet for opinions, including that thread. There's no need to duplicate efforts of others in setting up yet another petition.

ok cheif! delete this thread then

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support