Results of RMSO priliminary round- Raffles Maths & Scien

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Results of RMSO priliminary round- Raffles Maths & Scien

Postby vlim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:27 am

As the results are out only at abt beginning of this June Holiday, so I think many students who took part in it were not aware of the results yet. You can refer to my below link to view the results:

www.rgs.edu.sg/newsite/rmso

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


RMSO results

Postby clover18 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks...i did not know the results are out. Interestingly, I saw some of my gal's schoolmates that were in the top 15 for Science, and yet they were not in the top 45 selected for the final round?!?! How could that be?

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: RMSO results

Postby justbehappy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:49 pm

clover18 wrote:Thanks...i did not know the results are out. Interestingly, I saw some of my gal's schoolmates that were in the top 15 for Science, and yet they were not in the top 45 selected for the final round?!?! How could that be?

That is possible. They are in the top 15 girls for Science but for the final round, boys and girls are combined in determining the top 45, so most likely there are more than 30 boys but less than 15 girls in the final round.

justbehappy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby vlim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Wonder who are those students that participate in pre round. All p5. Mainstream & gep? :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:07 pm

vlim wrote:Wonder who are those students that participate in pre round. All p5. Mainstream & gep? :?


Mostly those gep and high ability students in p5.

CoffeeCat
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby vlim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:11 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:
vlim wrote:Wonder who are those students that participate in pre round. All p5. Mainstream & gep? :?


Mostly those gep and high ability students in p5.


ok thanks :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Pen88n » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 am

Any idea if certs issued for participants? And is there any differentiation of eg. branze, silver, gold, despite not making it to final rounds? Just curious on what is this RMSO like vs NMOS and others.

Thanks

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am
Total Likes: 70


Postby cchew » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 am

Pen88n wrote:Any idea if certs issued for participants? And is there any differentiation of eg. branze, silver, gold, despite not making it to final rounds? Just curious on what is this RMSO like vs NMOS and others.

Thanks

As mentioned on this page:
http://www.rgs.edu.sg/newsite/rmso/objectives.html

All participants will receive a certificate of participation. Prizes will be awarded to the Top 15 boys and the Top 15 girls for both the Mathematics and the Science Sections.

cchew
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby vlim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Just wonder 'the top 15' is refering to the preliminary round or final :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby cchew » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm

vlim wrote:Just wonder 'the top 15' is refering to the preliminary round or final :wink:


But in the final round, there are more than 30 boys but less than 15 girls as quoted by 'justbehappy' . Therefore should be top 15 in the preliminary round.

cchew
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm
Total Likes: 2


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support