Any Parent has son in RI?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Any Parent has son in RI?

Postby Fairy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:41 am

Hi, is there any parent at this forum with son/nephew studying at RI? If so, any feedback? Any complaints? Is your child happy there? Is life @ RI stressful?

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 pm

my dh was... :D ... of course no complaints cos so long ago..LOLLL...

my neighbour's son is but he was from GEP class in his primary school.
Not a look of stress on his face. Spoke to him a few times to check how school was.... His words... "Schoolwork is as stressful as you want to make it to be".... Well, very wise words from a 14 year old boy but I believe that is the very reason why he is in RI now.

In other words, everyone takes stress differently. If a child has been streamed to be able to enter the school, then let nature takes its own course.

I "lamented" my parents was never concerned that I was always streamed into the "stressful" schools, however, in hindsight, the education system was pretty sound to stream people correctly and taught us how to deal with the system. Also, getting into such "stressful' schools is not only about the study and results. How about the "like-minded" people that he may be able to relate and interact better with? No matter what stress, if his intellectual is at that level to enter the school, it will stretch him more to learn how to deal with the other issues. JMHO.

Postby Fairy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Very wise advice indeed......

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support