Any one has recommendations for English dictionary?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Any one has recommendations for English dictionary?

Postby skkhor » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm intend to buy English Dictionary for my girl, now she's Primary 1. Any one has recommendations good english dictionary and suitable for the primary school student used? Thank you.

skkhor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any one has recommendations for English dictionary?

Postby ruyu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 pm

skkhor wrote:I'm intend to buy English Dictionary for my girl, now she's Primary 1. Any one has recommendations good english dictionary and suitable for the primary school student used? Thank you.

Longman dictionary of contemporary english. If you can, buy an electronic dictionary. Mine is an oxford electrical dictionary by seiko. It costs $499. It has the britannica encyclopedia, oxford dictionary, oxford thesaurus and many more(has everything necessary for a P1) It also has educational games which is quite fun(no games but edu games)

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MOE Hater » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm

my school reccommends Longan Active Study Dictionary. It does not have all the words buut rarely the child in primary school would need anythng beyond that. I also have an oxford dictionary on a CD that works pretty well for me. by the way, since when do P1s need a dictionary? don't tell me they tweaked the system already.

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support