Do your kids mark their own homework?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Do your kids mark their own homework?

Postby kitty2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm

My kids' teachers asked them to mark their own work.Some were being marked wrongly so they learnt wrongly too.Is it a norm now? :?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Do your kids mark their own homework?

Postby P5G » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:48 pm

kitty2 wrote:My kids' teachers asked them to mark their own work.Some were being marked wrongly so they learnt wrongly too.Is it a norm now? :?

Yes, we always do.

Sometimes, we mark each other homework.

P5G
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blackberrycck » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 pm

now i know its quite common for kids to mark themselves when the teacher goes thru the answers..mayb the kid heard wrongly?

blackberrycck
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Do your kids mark their own homework?

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm

kitty2 wrote:My kids' teachers asked them to mark their own work.Some were being marked wrongly so they learnt wrongly too.Is it a norm now? :?

Very often esp the MCQ for all subjects.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 pm

My teacher gets us to mark first by flashing the answer key on the screen. Its hard to mark wrongly, for she will go through the questions we got wrong, even if only one person gets it wrong. Then she will collect back to mark the corrections and to mark the open-ended(for english). For maths, we do self-marking for the whole paper, then she goes through and finally she marks every question again.

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ruyu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 pm

livewith_vanilla wrote:My teacher gets us to mark first by flashing the answer key on the screen. Its hard to mark wrongly, for she will go through the questions we got wrong, even if only one person gets it wrong. Then she will collect back to mark the corrections and to mark the open-ended(for english). For maths, we do self-marking for the whole paper, then she goes through and finally she marks every question again.

My entire class loves our math teacher. She dam dam dam dam kind one. Very smart also. If one person dont know one question, she will dont mind to repeat it a million times for the child to understand. We also mark our own papers. Then she checks.

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:13 pm

ruyu wrote:My entire class loves our math teacher. She dam dam dam dam kind one. Very smart also. If one person dont know one question, she will dont mind to repeat it a million times for the child to understand. We also mark our own papers. Then she checks.

My maths teacher is my ft. :) My teacher is like you, if we don't understand, she will explain and explain until you get it, even if it means you have to sacrifice your recess time. Of course, she will give you a break to get your recess later.:)

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support