P3 CCA

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

P3 CCA

Postby Ljas1370 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:01 am

Hi to All Kiasu Parents,

Care to share which CCA your child join. Perhaps Mr ChiefKiasu can start a Poll with sport like badminton, table tennis, etc, uniform group, and clubs. Many Thanks.

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby csc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:30 am

My son joins tennis and is in the school team. He learns his tennis thru the school coach and the school pays for it.(Isn't that ideal?) Of course, I have to invest in his tennis rackets and other related gears. He has to invest his time (at least twice a wk).

Similarly, my daughter joins the Chinese dance and learns all the dance techniques (quite similar to ballet) from her coach. (again free of charge). She gets to represent the school in numerous dance competitions both locally and overseas where most expenses are paid for by school.However, lots of time is taken away from studies though.

The CCAs have enriched their school life and they have learnt perseverance, discipline, sportsmanship and commitment to tasks. :P

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 am

csc
pls share what sch your girl is in. My girl also joined chinese dance. Thank you

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ljas1370 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi CSC,

Tks so much for your useful info. I'm glad that your children enjoy it. Hopefully more parents can give feedback on CCA. :lol:

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: P3 CCA

Postby karmeleon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:36 am

Ljas1370 wrote:Hi to All Kiasu Parents,

Care to share which CCA your child join. Perhaps Mr ChiefKiasu can start a Poll with sport like badminton, table tennis, etc, uniform group, and clubs. Many Thanks.

Our dd is in Choir, ds1 in Strings Ensemble, ds2 is in Chinese Orchestra.

k
dd 14yrs, ds1 11yrs, ds2 9yrs.

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support