Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series'

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series'

Postby toba » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:23 am

Need your advise. Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series' for your kid. Is it a good investment?

toba
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series'

Postby crystal8135 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am

toba wrote:Need your advise. Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series' for your kid. Is it a good investment?

hi, i bought my home tutor P6 ENG and Tough Mth for my daughter, think mth is quite useful.

crystal8135
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MoonFlower » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:02 pm

crystal8135 wrote:
toba wrote:Need your advise. Anyone use 'My Home Tutor Educational Series' for your kid. Is it a good investment?

hi, i bought my home tutor P6 ENG and Tough Mth for my daughter, think mth is quite useful.

I just brought 2 Challenging Maths as they are not cheap. You can wait till they have promotion probably end of the yr when they have Popular Sales at Suntech or so.

MoonFlower
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby N.Lo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:23 pm

'

I find it useful, it is worth buying to try but it also depends on how often you use it with your child, if you do it once in a while then not so useful.

N.Lo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KingRascal » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm

I only tried their math programme so my comments are restricted to only this subject. I first started with Challenging Math. It was from this set that both my DS and I learnt all about heuristic process. It was a great help for self-learning. Because we both like this mode of learning, we next invested in the P2 math syllabus. He does not attend any math tuition and we decide to do self-learning at home. It has been very useful and I learn all about model drawing which is being introduced in P2. I'd continue with this mode of learning until such time when he needs a different type of coaching.

However i must say that, like any assessment books, there could be errors. I once spotted a mistake. :-) but the mistake is within my tolerance range and i would carry on with the P3 math syllabus next year.

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mum Is Here » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

I bought "my home tutor" - "Tough Math Series ie Vol 1 - 3" and "Ace You Composition - Vol 1 - 3" for S who is taking PSLE this year. If you are interested to buy these 2 series as secondhand, please drop me a note. Thanks. :lol:

Mum Is Here
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby toba » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks for the info. My kid is going to P1 next year so very stress as should I buy that educational series... still consider.

toba
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

MyHome tutor Tough Math series

Postby ena » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi, I am interested to buy used MyHome Tutor Tough Math series. Anyone selling, plse contact me at 81680165. Thanks

ena
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support