Primary School Book List - optional items - advice please

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Primary School Book List - optional items - advice please

Postby usaik » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:45 pm

As my child will be in P2 next year, this is the second year I am going through a school book list and buying items on the list.

Last year, the optional items I bought seems to have been left in the cupboard for 1 whole year (practically untouched).

The optional items on the book list for next year I found include references like dictionary, readers. And they are not exactly cheap when added up. I am wondering should I just forget about buying any of the optional items and save on the $$$.... Or should I buy them and find out how should I better utilize them? Any advice?

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Luanee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:02 pm

U mean optional items at P2 not the same as all those in P1?

My girl only going to P1 next year so I do not have the actual experience. But I reckoned since they are 'optional' I do not need to buy them. Just get them if the teachers ask for it later.

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Primary School Book List - optional items - advice pleas

Postby sally » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm

I normally don't buy the extra stuffs that is in the book list.

sally
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby csc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Me too. Only bought them in primary one because I was blur then and there is no kiasuparents.com to warn me ahead. :mrgreen:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:22 pm

csc wrote:Me too. Only bought them in primary one because I was blur then and there is no kiasuparents.com to warn me ahead. :mrgreen:

But by definition, won't kiasu parents will always buy all optional stuff because they are kiasu 8) ?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
csc wrote:Me too. Only bought them in primary one because I was blur then and there is no kiasuparents.com to warn me ahead. :mrgreen:

But by definition, won't kiasu parents will always buy all optional stuff because they are kiasu 8) ?

that is kiasi parents already....not kiasu. :P
anyway, i bought those optional stuff like picture dictionary books and chinese words flashcards (if i already have not have them yet) as i am likely to use them to supplement the school's teaching.
optional stuff like watercolour, magic pens, although doesn't cost much, i am leaving them out as they add to the clutter.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support