Higher Chinese Marks

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Higher Chinese Marks

Postby ssll » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Please advise,

I understand that points for higher Chinese can only be used for applying to SAP schools , but is it true the aggregate score for 4 subjects must be min 250 in order to use the higher chinese points.
e.g if aggregate score is 243 , and higher chinese is 3- distinction , and if apply to sap schools, can it be 246 then ?

ssll
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Higher Chinese Marks

Postby jtoh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 pm

ssll wrote:Please advise,

I understand that points for higher Chinese can only be used for applying to SAP schools , but is it true the aggregate score for 4 subjects must be min 250 in order to use the higher chinese points.
e.g if aggregate score is 243 , and higher chinese is 3- distinction , and if apply to sap schools, can it be 246 then ?

There's no minimum aggregate before you're allowed to use the HCL bonus points.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ssll » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

jtoh wrote:There's no minimum aggregate before you're allowed to use the HCL bonus points.

ok thanks a lot

ssll
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ganchiong » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 pm

ssll wrote:
jtoh wrote:

ok thanks a lot

Applicable to only top 30% of the PSLE cohort.

ganchiong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:11 pm

ganchiong wrote:
ssll wrote:
jtoh wrote:

ok thanks a lot

Applicable to only top 30% of the PSLE cohort.

True, but I would think that students applying for SAP schools would already make up top 30% of cohort.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

jtoh wrote:
ganchiong wrote:Applicable to only top 30% of the PSLE cohort.

True, but I would think that students applying for SAP schools would already make up top 30% of cohort.

agree....dun think any Sap sec schools COP are below the top 30% of the cohort, (is there??)
so doesn't really matter top how many percent, so long meet the criteria of the entry.

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby iikengkeng » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Augmum wrote:
jtoh wrote:
ganchiong wrote:Applicable to only top 30% of the PSLE cohort.

agree....dun think any Sap sec schools COP are below the top 30% of the cohort, (is there??)
so doesn't really matter top how many percent, so long meet the criteria of the entry.

SAP school - Chung Cheng Main COP is 230 or so. quite low. could it be outside the top 30% cohort?

iikengkeng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Augmum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

iikengkeng wrote:SAP school - Chung Cheng Main COP is 230 or so. quite low. could it be outside the top 30% cohort?

not too sure........ i remembered a principal mentioned that for 24X, is TOP 15% or so......

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 pm

anyway, the form (together with the result slips) will state if one is eligible for SAP sec school
or eligible for HCL in sec sch, so dun worry abt the percentage.....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby clover18 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 am

Can someone enlighten what is the cut-off marks for scoring distinction / merit / pass for higher chinese? Is it 85 and above for distinction? What about merit?

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support