chinese version of ipen

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

chinese version of ipen

Postby 24hr-mum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 pm

is there a chinese version of robin readers with ipen, as in are there chinese books that come with sthg like ipen to let the child read the chinese bk on her own, wif sound effects?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: chinese version of ipen

Postby jedamum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 pm

24hr-mum wrote:is there a chinese version of robin readers with ipen, as in are there chinese books that come with sthg like ipen to let the child read the chinese bk on her own, wif sound effects?

there is. there was a promoter at Popular bookstore (i think last month) and she gave me a pamplet. i just dump it in my bag. :P
here it is...
http://www.e-teacher.com.sg/
i never try it though.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 24hr-mum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:57 am

thanks a lot, jedamum!

i hv 3 kids and my boy is not a reader type. he only likes to see pictures. if u read wif him he will read. if u r not free or dont hv the mood or energy to sit wif him, he will by default just play. but he loves the english robin readers cos got sound effect of the dragon, etc. he is a drama type of person. so i thot of doing the same for chinese. this robin reader n drawing or lego are the only things besides tv that will keep him from running ard

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:25 pm

24hr-mum wrote:thanks a lot, jedamum!

i hv 3 kids and my boy is not a reader type. he only likes to see pictures. if u read wif him he will read. if u r not free or dont hv the mood or energy to sit wif him, he will by default just play. but he loves the english robin readers cos got sound effect of the dragon, etc. he is a drama type of person. so i thot of doing the same for chinese. this robin reader n drawing or lego are the only things besides tv that will keep him from running ard

you are welcome!
if you did have the chance to try this product, do feedback on its effectiveness. i'm sure a lot of kiasu parents will be interested. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 24hr-mum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm

but very ex. $188 for 1 pen though includes 11 bks.

and the bks very limited variety i feel

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby plum-cake » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 am

robin ipen got many titles for english but( I got it for my dd 3 yrs bk)
at that time only 2 books for chinese.

each set of english comes with a cd +4 lil books. some all 4 books can load to the pen but for some set only 2 books can load to the pen.

for chinese 1cd for 1 book.

english 22$ +
chinese 27 + cant remember....

my personal op I don't rec this for chinese version....

plum-cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 am

the new ipen (u can trade in the old one n upgrade) is better. all bks are predownloaded n much bigger memory

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support