COP for 2008

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

COP for 2008

Postby Fairy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:22 pm

The COP for 2008 through MOE's Central Posting are as follows:

HCI 259
RI 262
NYGH 263
RGS 263

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby daisyt » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:38 pm

I just wondering why boys's schools are lower than girls ? NYGH & HCI sec 4 students would merge in HCI in year 5 but yet HCI is so much lower than NYGH. Very competitive for girls ..... :shock:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiasuson » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Where do u get the information?

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lizawa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:49 pm

daisyt wrote:I just wondering why boys's schools are lower than girls ? NYGH & HCI sec 4 students would merge in HCI in year 5 but yet HCI is so much lower than NYGH. Very competitive for girls ..... :shock:

Boys' schools normally have lower COP than girls' schools. Especially this year, if you are strong in languages, you will get a high T-score. And girls are normally the ones stronger in languages. Look at the list of top scorers, more girls than boys. :D

Come HCI or RJC, the boys will likely to do as well, if not better than the girls. We have been through JCs and Uni, and we know that in secondary schools, boys perform much better than when they were in primary schools, as compared to the girls, especially in the Science stream.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

NJC - 259 (My cousin went there to appeal and got this info from their staff)
DHS - 260
RVHS - 254 (Got this info from another forum)
Last edited by Vanilla Cake on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: COP for 2008

Postby Vanilla Cake » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Fairy wrote:The COP for 2008 through MOE's Central Posting are as follows:
HCI 259
RI 262
NYGH 263
RGS 263

HCI & NYGH are SAP schools. Bonus points for admission to the SAP schools come in 3, 2 or 1 if one obtains grades of Distinction, Merit or Pass respectively in HCL.

I believe the mentioned COP 2008 for HCI (259) & NYGH (263) are inclusive of HMT.Correct me if I am wrong.

As for DHS (260), it is inclusive of HCL.

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby lizawa » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Vanilla Cake wrote:
Fairy wrote:The COP for 2008 through MOE's Central Posting are as follows:
HCI 259
RI 262
NYGH 263
RGS 263

HCI & NYGH are SAP schools. Bonus points for admission to the SAP schools come in 3, 2 or 1 if one obtains grades of Distinction, Merit or Pass respectively in HCL.

I believe the mentioned COP 2008 for HCI (259) & NYGH (263) are inclusive of HMT.Correct me if I am wrong.

As for DHS (260), it is inclusive of HCL.

My son's friend got 258 before HCL bonus but didn't get into HCI. So 259 should be before bonus ?

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:34 pm

lizawa wrote:My son's friend got 258 before HCL bonus but didn't get into HCI. So 259 should be before bonus ?

What was the T-score for yr son's friend after adding HCL bonus ? My cousin went to HCI for appeal, yesterday.He was told that the COP 2008 for HCL was 259 but he didn't ask the admin staff whether this '259' was before or after adding bonus pts.Even if the '259' after adding bonus pts was the COP, not all '259' holders were able to qualify. Someone in another forum had said that these COP came with 4 decimal figures behind.

Anyway, he simply filled up the appeal form & was told that the appeal results would be out by next Friday.Thankfully, the helpful admin staff photocopied his result slip for him as he had brought the original one only.

My cousin was impressed by the sheer size of HCI's compound & appreciate the friendliness of the admin staff and even the security guards.Good school indeed.

:D

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Fairy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:05 am

Vanilla Cake wrote:
lizawa wrote:My son's friend got 258 before HCL bonus but didn't get into HCI. So 259 should be before bonus ?

What was the T-score for yr son's friend after adding HCL bonus ? My cousin went to HCI for appeal, yesterday.He was told that the COP 2008 for HCL was 259 but he didn't ask the admin staff whether this '259' was before or after adding bonus pts.Even if the '259' after adding bonus pts was the COP, not all '259' holders were able to qualify. Someone in another forum had said that these COP came with 4 decimal figures behind.

Anyway, he simply filled up the appeal form & was told that the appeal results would be out by next Friday.Thankfully, the helpful admin staff photocopied his result slip for him as he had brought the original one only.

My cousin was impressed by the sheer size of HCI's compound & appreciate the friendliness of the admin staff and even the security guards.Good school indeed.

:D

yes, the staff at HCI project an image of humbleness and warmth. Parents and students were made to feel welcomed and appreciated unlike its competitor, where one only feels welcomed if one is among the top scorers. The 'borderliners' will definitely be happier in HCI than its competitor. Juz my opinion.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiasuson » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:08 am

Just to share my experience in RI. The principal, teachers, staff and students of RI make my son and myself feel at home during the registration day. The new principal greets the new students and parents in the hall before her speech. She also walks around to ensure we are alright during the registration process. I believe my son will be well taken care under her leadership.

The students are very well organise in maintaining the long queue for the purchase of uniforms, PE attire and books.

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support