Edusave Scholarship Award

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules
Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.
Zappy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:22

Re: Edusave Scholarship Award

Post by Zappy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 am

We never received any cash/ popular vouchers for any of the merit awards from our RC over the past many years - only got the certs through the mail.

Edusave EAGLES award & scholarship $ were from MOE Edusave fund I think, not from our RC. So for our constituency, I think they just present the certs/ vouchers for these types of awards in the ceremony but don't add on any from their funds.

mum_sugoku
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by mum_sugoku » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Ya. We've never received any voucher either. I think even the mini buffet is dependent on constituency too, cos in the previous constituency we resided in, the RC never offered any makan stuff after the award ceremony.. but the current one did. :evil:

Elson
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Elson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 pm

If till now we never received the TOP 25% merit award means we never got it already?

yap_susan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by yap_susan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 pm

DS just received the Edusave scholarship today.

Elson
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Elson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Can I ask for this award, does the dual track IS segregate between the IP students and O-level students meaning, TOP 10% of IP students and TOP 10% of O-level students to be awarded?

Reneechc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Reneechc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:08 am

Need help and some clarifications about Edusave awards.. if my DD receive ES, does it mean she is top 10% of the neighborhood or nation?

Is it a good gauge for her PSLE results next yr?

Will this help in her DSA application?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:241

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 am

Reneechc wrote:Need help and some clarifications about Edusave awards.. if my DD receive ES, does it mean she is top 10% of the neighborhood or nation?

It's 10% of her school. Whether it helps with DSA is uncertain - probably not that much.

Ganjiongspider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Ganjiongspider » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 am

Reneechc wrote:Need help and some clarifications about Edusave awards.. if my DD receive ES, does it mean she is top 10% of the neighborhood or nation?

(1) The Edusave Award is awarded based on own school's cohort, not neighbourhood or nation.
(2) Edusave Award is awarded to students based on each year's performance in her own school only, so it is not a good gauge for her PSLE results next year.
(3) hmm...it may or may not helps in her DSA application, depends on which school she DSA, & unless the school request this award info., but did not state in particular "Competition", then you can attach Edusave Award. Based on my dd's DSA experience this year for NYGH, the school did not ask for this kind of Edusave Award. Eg. If the DSA domain is Bilingual/Math/Science etc, what the school wants is the award received from the particular domain's competition, & school results; not Edusave Award.

Reneechc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Reneechc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Thks gjs and sk!

Boys2Men
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Boys2Men » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 am

Has anyone received information on the venues and dates for the edusave scholarship presentation awards for this year?