Edusave Scholarship Award

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Edusave Scholarship Award

Postby earnbracky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 pm

I missed my edusave aaward ceremony today... will I still get my certs and cheque?

earnbracky
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Fhie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 am

We missed the edusave award ceremony today too and it says in the letter that the cheque will be sent back to MOE and that it has to be collected in person. Do we collect from the cc or MOE and will my child still get his cert? There is no info on the collection neither is there a date as to when it can be collected. Thank you very much!

Fhie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby anxious.dad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 am

Yes, you can still collect the cert and the cheque. I believe there is a tel number indicated in the award ceremony notification letter, the contact number of the organising committee. Do call that number to check the date and time where you may make the collection. The cert and the cheque are usually kept with the committee or cc for a few weeks before they are channeled back to MOE.

anxious.dad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BCB19 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Fhie wrote:We missed the edusave award ceremony today too and it says in the letter that the cheque will be sent back to MOE and that it has to be collected in person. Do we collect from the cc or MOE and will my child still get his cert? There is no info on the collection neither is there a date as to when it can be collected. Thank you very much!

We also missed the ceremony.
Called the cc, cheque can be collected at a certain period before it is sent back to moe.
Checked with the cc indicated on the letter.

BCB19
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BCB19 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Fhie wrote:We missed the edusave award ceremony today too and it says in the letter that the cheque will be sent back to MOE and that it has to be collected in person. Do we collect from the cc or MOE and will my child still get his cert? There is no info on the collection neither is there a date as to when it can be collected. Thank you very much!

Called the cc, cheque can be collected at a certain period before it is sent back to moe.

BCB19
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BCB19 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:29 pm

BCB19
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sheley » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:02 pm

If not eligible for the edusave award because of the income criteria, will we still receive the application form?

sheley
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Boys2Men » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 pm

My ds has just received a letter from CDC notifying him of an award ceremony to receive an Education Merit Award of $100 voucher. What puzzles me is that he has been the top 25% in schools since P1. Now he is in JC1 and it is the first time that we are informed of this award! Other than the times where he attended ceremonies to receive Edusave Scholarship Award ( top 10%), he did not have have to attend any ceremony for Merit Award as we do not meet the min income criteria. Is this Education Merit Award and presentation ceremony been recently implemented?

Boys2Men
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MyPillow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Boys2Men wrote:My ds has just received a letter from CDC notifying him of an award ceremony to receive an Education Merit Award of $100 voucher. What puzzles me is that he has been the top 25% in schools since P1. Now he is in JC1 and it is the first time that we are informed of this award! Other than the times where he attended ceremonies to receive Edusave Scholarship Award ( top 10%), he did not have have to attend any ceremony for Merit Award as we do not meet the min income criteria. Is this Education Merit Award and presentation ceremony been recently implemented?

What I gathered n heard fr some frens that this is Constituency dependent , some RC gave prizes for merit award though the family icome is above the criteria- u are lucky ur RC is giving $100, think my frens RC gave some vouchers . My Constituent / area din give for merit :(
Ps: my frens who rec stayed in private housing .

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Boys2Men » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks MyPillow. Didn't know different Constituency practise differently. Hmmm....

Boys2Men
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support