LEARNConcierge

Edusave Scholarship Award

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Edusave Scholarship Award

Postby MyPillow » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Boys2Men wrote:Thanks MyPillow. Didn't know different Constituency practise differently. Hmmm....

yah, i just got to know this in yr 2016 fr frens,some places got bigger budget or willing to spend, i think :? . in anyway, this nice gesture is gd encouragement to the students..

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:57 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Boys2Men wrote:Thanks MyPillow. Didn't know different Constituency practise differently. Hmmm....

yah, i just got to know this in yr 2016 fr frens,some places got bigger budget or willing to spend, i think :? . in anyway, this nice gesture is gd encouragement to the students..

MP: your GRC'd never given cash vouchers all these years for those who exceeded income ceiling? :?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Boys2Men wrote:My ds has just received a letter from CDC notifying him of an award ceremony to receive an Education Merit Award of $100 voucher. What puzzles me is that he has been the top 25% in schools since P1. Now he is in JC1 and it is the first time that we are informed of this award! Other than the times where he attended ceremonies to receive Edusave Scholarship Award ( top 10%), he did not have have to attend any ceremony for Merit Award as we do not meet the min income criteria. Is this Education Merit Award and presentation ceremony been recently implemented?

Did u, at some point from P1 to JC1, move to a "richer" GRC with more generous sponsors?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Js, we din rec vouchers for merit award. only rec when got Edusave scholarship ( for P5 to P6 )

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 pm

MyPillow wrote:Js, we din rec vouchers for merit award. only rec when got Edusave scholarship ( for P5 to P6 )

That's unfortunate :( Saw my frens' FB...also gave $$ for P1-P4, but the dollar amount differs from GRC to GRC.

P5-6, I can understand cos that's from Ah Gong/MOE. But this additional $$ is from your GRC. Some GRCs are just poorer than others. Just look at your SG50 funpack to understand why.

EDITED: By "poorer", I don't mean the GRCs comprise more public than private housings. It's probably got to do with how much returns (they can invest sinking funds) and sponsorships they get from patrons (usually rich SME towkays in CCC). Some will serve buffets, others will gift flowers to every parent who accompanies the recipient. Some will have photographers to take free photos for you with MPs.

What's the winning margin for MIW last GE? :evil: :duck:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imp75 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 am

I have been staying in my estate for several years now but this is the first year we are receiving letters for the merit award. Maybe this has to do with new MP and new constituency post GE. I heard not all GRCs or RCs have this scheme.
Anyway good encouragement for the kids who are below P5 but work hard and get recognized with a proper platform coupled with certificate presentation (it's not so much about the $).

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

dd1 forgotten already. i told her better take note. wait got to return the money.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:48 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:dd1 forgotten already. i told her better take note. wait got to return the money.

Sure have to return.
Just a matter of time :wink:

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:45 pm

floppy wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:dd1 forgotten already. i told her better take note. wait got to return the money.

Sure have to return.
Just a matter of time :wink:

huh, return in what form? money banked in already cannot take out, wait for dd earn money and pay her income tax :smile:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Elson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Anybody knows what is CDC CCC Education Merit Award? What is the criteria for this award? My son received the letter for this to attend the ceremony. This is not edusave award, so strange to receive this letter.

Elson
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

LEARNConcierge