Edusave Scholarship Award

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Edusave Scholarship Award

Postby jetsetter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:51 am

Elson wrote:Anybody knows what is CDC CCC Education Merit Award? What is the criteria for this award? My son received the letter for this to attend the ceremony. This is not edusave award, so strange to receive this letter.

Per the letter's heading, isn't it obvious it's the extra cash incentive that your own CDC/CCC is giving to your child?

Perhaps some constituents think it's politically more strategic to give them separately at another ceremony, cos previously many recipients got their cash voucher at the same ceremony alongside other lower income families and MOE Edusave recipients, thinking it's from MOE. Actually, it's from your GRC with Love.

"Education Merit Award" means top 25% of your child's school cohort.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby love1001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 pm

CDC-CCC Merit Award Ceremony is usually held between Feb - Apr, depending on the constituency. This is a separate ceremony for students who are in the TOP 25% but do not qualify for the earlier award ceremony due to income criteria. Students are awarded book vouchers between $80 to $100.

love1001
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Elson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Last time stayed at Holland bukit panjang town council didn't have such award even though my son was top 25%. Now, moved to Tanjong Pagar town council received such award. :) so next time must look for 'wealthy' town council to move to. Haha

Elson
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Estéema » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:39 pm

But, but the costs of moving to wealthier town councils....

Estéema
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Jworld » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 am

Whether or not the student gets this award, is it depending on the GRC or the school? How does this work? I can't get any clear info on any website.

Does the school send info to the student's constituency? So far, my DD's school only give us forms to nominate students for ECHA. Nothing for the scholarship or bursary.

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Elson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 pm

I think the school will send the TOP 5%, 25% students’ list to MOE every year. The moe will then send the info to the GRC, whether they will give out merit award is dependent on the respective GRC.

Elson
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Elson wrote:I think the school will send the TOP 5%, 25% students’ list to MOE every year. The moe will then send the info to the GRC, whether they will give out merit award is dependent on the respective GRC.

Didnt know it was GRC dependant.

But DS received it and we come under the Holland Bukit Panjang town council.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ImMeeMee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 pm

How does the Edusave award for secondary schools work?

DD1 got an Edusave certificate in mail for being top 25% in her secondary school, while I recall the she previously attended an award ceremony to receive both the certificate and cheque for being top 25% in primary school.

Are the systems in primary schools and secondary schools different?

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yap_susan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:How does the Edusave award for secondary schools work?

DD1 got an Edusave certificate in mail for being top 25% in her secondary school, while I recall the she previously attended an award ceremony to receive both the certificate and cheque for being top 25% in primary school.

Are the systems in primary schools and secondary schools different?

Did you receive letter this week?

yap_susan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Joyymum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Received top 25% certificate today. Saw a few of my friends’ children also received it.

Joyymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support