What do you think about your teacher?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

is your teacher/child's teacher good?

Yes
64%
No
36%
should be/ sorta
No votes

Total votes : 14

What do you think about your teacher?

Postby Shoot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:20 pm

My teacher is very irresponsible, and does not even teach properly!!!She teaches me like this:' :boogie:(her) You must copy the answers which i copied from the answers in the teachers book!This is to PLEASE the MOE!!!I don't like her at all !Everyone doesn't like her!What do you think about your teacher?

Shoot
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby moomoo138 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I should say our DS1 has all along been rather fortunate to have met several awesome teachers except one whom ‘suay suay’ our DS2 kena this year. :cry: Having had quite a few bad encounters with her during DS1’s time, hoping things might improve after 2 years, but arrgh… it turned out to be rather bad. During our DS2’s PTM in June this year, instead of encouraging him to do better for next term, she told me right in front of his face that it’s pointless, no matter what we do or how much effort we put in, he won’t be able to make it to the 1st class. It’s hopeless b’cos he’s just not as intelligent as his bro. (Note : DS1 was once taught by her and DS2 is currently in 2nd best class). After hearing those words, DS2’s confidence level dropped from then on. He kept thinking that he’s dumber than his bro and is just a hopeless case. In order to build up his confidence again, both DH and I have to spend time talking and encouraging him, avoiding sensitive word such as stupid, dumb etc. Trust me, it wasn’t easy!!!

Well, to us, it doesn’t really matters which class he’s in, be it 1st or remains in 2nd, it’s just that as a teacher, she should be tactful in delivering her thoughts and be mindful if those words are turning out to be harmful weapon or helpful instrument to the kid. Luckily for DS2, he managed to pull himself up and did rather well for his SA2 and is happy to stay in 2nd class next year. Since she’s no longer teaching him next year, he has decided to forgive and forget what that horrid teacher has done and is moving on, working harder, probably subconsciously still trying to prove her wrong. :lol: Anyway, that’s our boy, we’re so proud of him!!! :D

We’re thankful to all those teachers (including that horrid one) who had/have crossed or walked along the path with both our DSs, for helping them to be what they are today… So stay hopeful and positive that many more fabulous teachers will come along... :D

moomoo138
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Shoot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 pm

moomoo138 wrote:I should say our DS1 has all along been rather fortunate to have met several awesome teachers except one whom ‘suay suay’ our DS2 kena this year. :cry: Having had quite a few bad encounters with her during DS1’s time, hoping things might improve after 2 years, but arrgh… it turned out to be rather bad. During our DS2’s PTM in June this year, instead of encouraging him to do better for next term, she told me right in front of his face that it’s pointless, no matter what we do or how much effort we put in, he won’t be able to make it to the 1st class. It’s hopeless b’cos he’s just not as intelligent as his bro. (Note : DS1 was once taught by her and DS2 is currently in 2nd best class). After hearing those words, DS2’s confidence level dropped from then on. He kept thinking that he’s dumber than his bro and is just a hopeless case. In order to build up his confidence again, both DH and I have to spend time talking and encouraging him, avoiding sensitive word such as stupid, dumb etc. Trust me, it wasn’t easy!!!

Well, to us, it doesn’t really matters which class he’s in, be it 1st or remains in 2nd, it’s just that as a teacher, she should be tactful in delivering her thoughts and be mindful if those words are turning out to be harmful weapon or helpful instrument to the kid. Luckily for DS2, he managed to pull himself up and did rather well for his SA2 and is happy to stay in 2nd class next year. Since she’s no longer teaching him next year, he has decided to forgive and forget what that horrid teacher has done and is moving on, working harder, probably subconsciously still trying to prove her wrong. :lol: Anyway, that’s our boy, we’re so proud of him!!! :D

We’re thankful to all those teachers (including that horrid one) who had/have crossed or walked along the path with both our DSs, for helping them to be what they are today… So stay hopeful and positive that many more fabulous teachers will along... :D

Good advice! :celebrate: thnx :D !
Last edited by Shoot on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shoot
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Are there any other's?

Postby Shoot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Do you want to talk more about other teachers?You are free to do so.

Shoot
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

At Least...

Postby Shoot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 pm

At least next year, there will be new teachers :sweat: (since i'm in GEP, they must have proper teachers, not like her!)

Shoot
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support