My Pals Are Here! Science Primary 3/4 Textbook

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

My Pals Are Here! Science Primary 3/4 Textbook

Postby Champion » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 am

Hello,
Just like to check with all parents whose child(ren) using the above textbooks. My child will be in P3 next year and just went to the school to purchase the textbooks. Realise there are only 4 books instead of 5 - namely - Diversity, Cycles, Interactions & Energy. The System is not in the book list. The book store lady told me that System is use in P4 and so only need to buy the year after.

Can any parent advise me on this matter? Or shall I purchase a copy of it from Popular?

Thank you.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: My Pals Are Here! Science Primary 3/4 Textbook

Postby janet88 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 am

Champion wrote:Hello,
Just like to check with all parents whose child(ren) using the above textbooks. My child will be in P3 next year and just went to the school to purchase the textbooks. Realise there are only 4 books instead of 5 - namely - Diversity, Cycles, Interactions & Energy. The System is not in the book list. The book store lady told me that System is use in P4 and so only need to buy the year after.

Can any parent advise me on this matter? Or shall I purchase a copy of it from Popular?

Thank you.

If I were you, I'll get it from Popular...to have a peace of mind...ie get complete set.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: My Pals Are Here! Science Primary 3/4 Textbook

Postby Champion » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:49 am

If I were you, I'll get it from Popular...to have a peace of mind...ie get complete set.[/quote]

Hi ,
Cancheck with you - for your child's school - "System" is taught in P3 or P4? I am a bit puzzled and I can only check with the teacher when the school re-opens.

Thanks a lot.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ctct61t » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:57 am

my DD will be P3 next year, i checked her science text book list, it do contain Science system book, but do not contain Interactions & Energy, what's wrong? Different schools have their own schedule?

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Just follow the booklist, you will not go wrong.

Different schools teach different modules differently so it's hard to comment.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 pm

ctct61t wrote:my DD will be P3 next year, i checked her science text book list, it do contain Science system book, but do not contain Interactions & Energy, what's wrong? Different schools have their own schedule?

Different schools teach different topics...son was taught 'Diversity' and 'System' at P3...followed by cycles, interaction and energy.
His school uses 'Perfect Match' and each title has its own textbook and workbook.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MoonFlower » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

It's best to follow the school booklist. Just to share my own experience this yr, I brought the textbk n workbook from Popular, imagine my p5ds is thr 2nd batch under this new syllabus but who knows, a few of his classmates and him got 2 pages of worksheets missing?? I'm not sure where his classmates brought theirs. Ds told me his Sci teacher went to bookshop to queestioned the shop lady. So this year I ordered all from school bookshop.
Therefore if booklist don't have this Sci book better don't buy first.

MoonFlower
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support