Chinese electronic dictionary

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Besta Electronic Dictionary

Postby elle_yv@hotmail.com » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 am

Hi all,

Would like to check any parents have purchased BESTA Electronic dictionary for their kids in Primary school.

As my girl in P4 would like to buy one, hope to get some advise whether it is useful or not?

Thanks in advance.

Yv

elle_yv@hotmail.com
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Besta Electronic Dictionary

Postby livewith_vanilla » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

elle_yv@hotmail.com wrote:Hi all,

Would like to check any parents have purchased BESTA Electronic dictionary for their kids in Primary school.

As my girl in P4 would like to buy one, hope to get some advise whether it is useful or not?

Thanks in advance.

Yv

Hi, I'm a student.

I have the BESTA Electronic Dictionary, the one approved by MOE.

Generally the MOE approved ones covers the basic phrases and words.

Which model are you referring to?

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby elle_yv@hotmail.com » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:30 pm

livewith_vanilla wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yv

Hi, I'm a student.

the latest model CD668S. I think this model cannot be bring in during examination, but i'm looking for one that usage at home when need to find words in English or Chinese. Do u find BESTA dictionary useful to u so far?

elle_yv@hotmail.com
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mamatay » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:59 pm

elle_yv@hotmail.com wrote:
livewith_vanilla wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yv

Hi, I'm a student.

the latest model CD668S. I think this model cannot be bring in during examination, but i'm looking for one that usage at home when need to find words in English or Chinese. Do u find BESTA dictionary useful to u so far?

the normal besta that the child uses for school exam is around $30 and u have to refer to MOE website for the approved version or u can get the creative brand - around same price

If u want the better Besta - with foreign languages, translation - I got one around $600+. It was very useful for a start - after a while, the child may stop using it and the info in them can be obtained fm internet

mamatay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:43 pm

mamatay wrote:
elle_yv@hotmail.com wrote:
livewith_vanilla wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yv

Hi, I'm a student.

the normal besta that the child uses for school exam is around $30 and u have to refer to MOE website for the approved version or u can get the creative brand - around same price

If u want the better Besta - with foreign languages, translation - I got one around $600+. It was very useful for a start - after a while, the child may stop using it and the info in them can be obtained fm internet

My BESTA dictionary has been quite useful in school. At home, I go to this website:nciku.com This website offers translation, though I do not know the accuracy in the sample sentences it provides. But it works well for me.

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Besta CD668s

Postby janet88 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:04 pm

If you're planning to use the Besta at home, CD668s is very reliable...I use it a lot now...don't have to refer to dictionary anymore. It also has Collins dictionary (part of the package).

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Besta CD668s

Postby schweppes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:39 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:If you're planning to use the Besta at home, CD668s is very reliable...I use it a lot now...don't have to refer to dictionary anymore. It also has Collins dictionary (part of the package).

Does this Besta CD668s come with Chinese-English and English-Chinese translation function?

Also does it have an audio function where I can hear the sound of the word? My Mandarin's not too good, so need all the help I can get to help my dd. :oops: :oops:

Thanks

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby keroppi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:44 am

schweppes wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:If you're planning to use the Besta at home, CD668s is very reliable...I use it a lot now...don't have to refer to dictionary anymore. It also has Collins dictionary (part of the package).

Does this Besta CD668s come with Chinese-English and English-Chinese translation function?

Also does it have an audio function where I can hear the sound of the word? My Mandarin's not too good, so need all the help I can get to help my dd. :oops: :oops:

Thanks

Yes it does. I have a CD668s at home too - it's a very good investment. My kids use them on a daily basis too.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby schweppes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 am

keroppi wrote:Yes it does. I have a CD668s at home too - it's a very good investment. My kids use them on a daily basis too.

:thankyou: Keroppi. Will look into it. :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby elle_yv@hotmail.com » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 am

:thankyou: thank you for all your valuable feedback.

I think i will get one for long term investment on my kids.

elle_yv@hotmail.com
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support