Science Guide Books

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules
Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.
mystique_j
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Science Guide Books

Post by mystique_j » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:44 am

Hi.. I'm planning to guide my son myself in his science next year. He will be in P3. Any recommended resources that I can use to guide him at home or any advice at all? Thank you!

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by bestwishes » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm

mystique_j wrote:Hi.. I'm planning to guide my son myself in his science next year. He will be in P3. Any recommended resources that I can use to guide him at home or any advice at all? Thank you!

EPH Janet's Science Worksheets, Challenging science and/or Challenging Exam papers etc

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:156

Post by lee_yl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:19 pm

mystique_j wrote:Hi.. I'm planning to guide my son myself in his science next year. He will be in P3. Any recommended resources that I can use to guide him at home or any advice at all? Thank you!
You can start by using the PSLE Ultimate Science guide book to coach him topic by topic. Then let him attempt the Ultimate Science Workbook on the topic learnt. Then see how it goes.

Alternatively, Science Companion (5 books in a box set) is also a good way to start for beginners.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:45

Post by Champion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:10 am

lee_yl wrote:
You can start by using the PSLE Ultimate Science guide book to coach him topic by topic. Then let him attempt the Ultimate Science Workbook on the topic learnt. Then see how it goes.

Alternatively, Science Companion (5 books in a box set) is also a good way to start for beginners.
PSLE Ultimate Science guide book

Ultimate Science Workbook

Science Companion (5 books in a box set)

mystique_j
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mystique_j » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks all! Appreciate it!

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by bestwishes » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:12 pm

bestwishes wrote:
EPH Janet's Science Worksheets, Challenging science and/or Challenging Exam papers etc

For self-study at home, may use the guided practice. The image below is for UB, there shd be another one for LB (Pri3&4).

purpleangel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by purpleangel » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:34 pm

bestwishes wrote:
bestwishes wrote:

For self-study at home, may use the guided practice. The image below is for UB, there shd be another one for LB (Pri3&4).

Hi,
I saw these books by Janet Sim, may i check whether anyone is using it n has any reviews on it?

There are so many types n i m not sure which to get for my girl in p5 this yr. Thanks in advance!

Mama_ambitious
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Mama_ambitious » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello!

Also we would like to ask which one is most challenging, if the child is going for enrichment already. Time is limited for P6 students.

So would like to know what is worth the time for revision purposes? Heard that the guided practice is basic and the worksheets is advanced.. Is that true?

mum2b
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by mum2b » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Science books to let go, pls pm if anyone keen. Thks

mum2b
GreenBelt
GreenBelt