LEARNConcierge

A boy who does not treat his work seriously.

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Postby kiasumama » Wed May 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Ha...
I've a boy who is never serious about school work. He's laid back, nonchalant in school related issues unless there's an element of play.

We've tried positive n negative approach but still it didnt work. All we seek for now is as long as he has slight improvements, we'll all be grinning widely.

I guess different kids mature at different age, different stage. We cant hurry them, can we? They are not us and they cannot be like us, or even what we want them to be. They are unique individuals.

I guess as parents, we're to just be there for them, encourage them, and help them if we're able.

Chasing the kid out of the house, corporal punishment are all detrimental to the child's self esteem. I've never cane my son for their results. Its only behaviour problems that i'll do that.

Because i do not want to find a day when my son is too afraid to come home after obtaining the results.

kiasumama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: A boy who does not treat his work seriously.

Postby kiasu_pig » Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 pm

angela wrote: Her son whose handwriting is really very terrible. Always anyhow write and no one is able to read them.

Cheer up, at least he has the making of a medical doctor ... :P

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby angela » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,

My nephew got back his SA1 results : English 44/95, Chinese 20+/90, Maths 20+/100 and science 30+/100.

Faint!! :stupid:

He has been with Kumon Maths since he was Primary four. Now, the mother is very frustrated that she wants to get a tutor to help her boy. Is it possible to pull up the marks in just before CA2?

We also dunno how to help him as he has a bad learning attitude, only wants to play, tend to forget easily whatever he has learnt.

Any advises? (We have been trying many ways to encouraging him but all useless.)

angela
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verysadparent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 am

Hi angela,

Do you have a update since it has been a long time. My dd is similar and I don't know how to help her

verysadparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Postby janet88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:42 am

angela wrote:He has been with Kumon Maths since he was Primary four. Now, the mother is very frustrated that she wants to get a tutor to help her boy. Is it possible to pull up the marks in just before CA2?

We also dunno how to help him as he has a bad learning attitude, only wants to play, tend to forget easily whatever he has learnt.

Any advises? (We have been trying many ways to encouraging him but all useless.)

has the mother sat down to find out what is troubling him? has he displayed any characteristics of ADHD or something? my daughter has a poor memory and forgets everything taught. she had a tutor who suspected she may have a learning problem and after all the tests done at NUH, found that she has a language impairment despite all the resources provided. a language assessment was done and she has been exempted from MT since p4.

a group tuition may not be able to address the problem if the child lacks the foundation. a 1-to-1 tutor would be able to customize to his learning needs.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kiasu ExamPaper » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:34 pm

My son too... I guess we will just wait until they all grow, then they will be motivated...I think... :?

Kiasu ExamPaper
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Previous

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

LEARNConcierge