Primary School Textbook

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Primary School Textbook

Postby Castle House » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi

Not too sure if this is the correct place to start a thread and to post..

Pls help to move to a correct place if it is wrong.. but don't :nunchuk:

Not too sure if it is true.. I was told that schools are using different textbooks now...

Was wondering if mummies/daddies who have older kids.. and no young ones to hand down the books.... are willing to give away the textbooks according to the school that their kids have studied.. especially nowadays.. all stuff have gone up.. so I am also trying to save as much as possible .. :sad:

Like myself.. will be enrolling my eldest kid for P1 next year..if nothing goes wrong.. South View Pri School.. :smile:

If there is anyone who has kids studying there and giving away the textbook after that.. I can go over and pick up from you.. :thankyou:

Anyone who needs the textbook as well... please feel free to put up your request... so that the mummies/daddies who have older kids know..

:hugs:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Primary School Textbook

Postby janet88 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Castle House wrote:Not too sure if it is true.. I was told that schools are using different textbooks now...

Was wondering if mummies/daddies who have older kids.. and no young ones to hand down the books.... are willing to give away the textbooks according to the school that their kids have studied.. especially nowadays.. all stuff have gone up.. so I am also trying to save as much as possible .. :sad:

Like myself.. will be enrolling my eldest kid for P1 next year..if nothing goes wrong.. South View Pri School.. :smile:

If there is anyone who has kids studying there and giving away the textbook after that.. I can go over and pick up from you.. :thankyou:

Anyone who needs the textbook as well... please feel free to put up your request... so that the mummies/daddies who have older kids know..

Hi Castle House,
I'm being kaypoh to check out booklist for P1 students at South View. I think you would like to ask parents at the end of th year...for titles of those textbooks which their children do not need anymore. Most prob, you would need to get the workbooks for Maths, Chinese and Stellar handwriting work/activity books. Here is the link.
http://www.southviewpri.moe.edu.sg/P1textbook2011.pdf

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
Castle House wrote:Not too sure if it is true.. I was told that schools are using different textbooks now...

Hi Castle House,
I'm being kaypoh to check out booklist for P1 students at South View. I think you would like to ask parents at the end of th year...for titles of those textbooks which their children do not need anymore. Most prob, you would need to get the workbooks for Maths, Chinese and Stellar handwriting work/activity books. Here is the link.
http://www.southviewpri.moe.edu.sg/P1textbook2011.pdf

Hi janet_lee88

No worries... don't think workbook can recycle.. need to buy new ones.. :wink:

I only need th textbook.. I am not too sure about now.. but during my time.. *old liao*.. textbook for 1st semester and 2nd semester were different..

Thus, I am putting up my reserve first..

kiasu ma..

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carmen21 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi! My DD is P6 this year. I will check the P1 books that she used to have according to your book list. If there are matching ones, I don't mind giving away but I'm staying in Jurong. If other parents need other level's text book, I can also try to find but I need the book list. It's better to give away then to throw.

carmen21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Pen88n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

carmen21 wrote:Hi! My DD is P6 this year. I will check the P1 books that she used to have according to your book list. If there are matching ones, I don't mind giving away but I'm staying in Jurong. If other parents need other level's text book, I can also try to find but I need the book list. It's better to give away then to throw.

Just for your info, the textbooks change version every few years. Sometimes, not major change, just a text or two change, but they will then print as different version. Within a year or 2 still possible to be same version. More than 4-5 years quite some changes - I can't use my elder kid's textbooks for my younger one - all versions are different!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm

carmen21 wrote:Hi! My DD is P6 this year. I will check the P1 books that she used to have according to your book list. If there are matching ones, I don't mind giving away but I'm staying in Jurong. If other parents need other level's text book, I can also try to find but I need the book list. It's better to give away then to throw.

Hihi..

I am actually working in Tuas.. so I don't mind to meet you at JP or somewhere convenient..

I am ok even the version has changed.. can used as reference textbooks for my kids as well..

:thankyou:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Pen88n wrote:

Just for your info, the textbooks change version every few years. Sometimes, not major change, just a text or two change, but they will then print as different version. Within a year or 2 still possible to be same version. More than 4-5 years quite some changes - I can't use my elder kid's textbooks for my younger one - all versions are different!

Hihi..

Ya.. true.. but I am ok with any version.. as I can use them as a reference textbook for my kids as well.. :smile:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Dun throw. NTUC has come up with some "Donate Textbooks" initiatives ~2 years ago. Normally around Oct-Nov period they'll request for people to drop the books at the NTUC outlets. They will then sort and distribute all these books to the needys/low-income/FAS etc.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

cwc wrote:

Dun throw. NTUC has come up with some "Donate Textbooks" initiatives ~2 years ago. Normally around Oct-Nov period they'll request for people to drop the books at the NTUC outlets. They will then sort and distribute all these books to the needys/low-income/FAS etc.

Yep, some schools have that too. I donated to my kid's school yearly, and only kept the P4 - P6 books (cos PSLE!).

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Pen88n wrote:
cwc wrote:

Yep, some schools have that too. I donated to my kid's school yearly, and only kept the P4 - P6 books (cos PSLE!).

As least the school is doing something, that's good. Last year, I missed the NTUC collection as my 1yr younger DD can use the bro's book. But when I knew her transfer was successful (mid Dec) and tried to pass the books to the general office, they refused, tell me to pass to NTUC. Sigh, and NTUC told me to keep till next collection date.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support