Help needed : Jurong area Schools using My Pals - Maths

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Help needed : Jurong area Schools using My Pals - Maths

Postby BeContented » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi,
was blur & din realised I have missed out one book required for DS school -Pioneer Primary. Now that he needs it, school bookshop out of stock & Popular says only school bookshops carry it. Hence, like to know which school around Jurong area using My Pals are Here! Maths P5. Gotta go get the Maths Homework 5B (2nd Ed). Thanks.
Last edited by BeContented on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Help needed : Jurong area Schools using My Pals - Maths

Postby Champion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 pm

cwc wrote:Hi,
was blur & din realised I have missed out one book required for DS school -Pioneer Primary. Now that he needs it, school bookshop out of stock & Popular says only school bookshops carry it. Hence, like to know which school around Jurong area using My Pals are Here! Maths P5. Gotta go get the Maths Homework 5B (2nd Ed). Thanks.

Hi! My dear friend, my girl school is using. Let me ask her to check school bookshop for you tmr whether they have it.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:32 pm

The Popular staff who told you that is definitely not right. I am very sure Popular carry My Pals Are Here Maths Workbook as I have seen that before. Whether it is out of stock for P5 may be the issue.

You can try calling Popular branch and insist the Customer Service help you check for stock availability. Their system list the available stock and branch, and you can then reserve and pick it up from there.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Pen88n wrote:The Popular staff who told you that is definitely not right. I am very sure Popular carry My Pals Are Here Maths Workbook as I have seen that before. Whether it is out of stock for P5 may be the issue.

You can try calling Popular branch and insist the Customer Service help you check for stock availability. Their system list the available stock and branch, and you can then reserve and pick it up from there.

Hi Pen88n,
Yes, Popular carries the Text and Workbook. But there is another series call the "Homework". Not sure what's the difference, but in DS school, the top 3 class uses 'Homework' and other classes use 'Workbook'. :)

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Champion wrote:
cwc wrote:Hi,

Hi! My dear friend, my girl school is using. Let me ask her to check school bookshop for you tmr whether they have it.

Helloooo......muak :) Thanks.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

cwc wrote:
Pen88n wrote:The Popular staff who told you that is definitely not right. I am very sure Popular carry My Pals Are Here Maths Workbook as I have seen that before. Whether it is out of stock for P5 may be the issue.

Hi Pen88n,
Yes, Popular carries the Text and Workbook. But there is another series call the "Homework". Not sure what's the difference, but in DS school, the top 3 class uses 'Homework' and other classes use 'Workbook'. :)

Noted. Learnt something new. Never know the series have so many different types of workbook. Good luck in getting that!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Same for us too cwc. Had problem getting the Homework series for DD1 too then finally gave up searching at Popular since all of them said they don't carry it. I told teacher very sorry we just transferred to the school so dunno that her class needed them so teacher helped place order via school bookshop. I can help u ask from school bookshop in the event still don't have ok?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Penn88n, the My Pals range also has the Enrichment series.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:05 pm

buds wrote:Penn88n, the My Pals range also has the Enrichment series.

Oh yah, saw it too.....but frankly, I really dunno what's the difference between the 3 - workbook, homework, enrichment :faint: Was at Popular and briefly glanced at the Assessment area, soooooo many new things....sooooo confusing :scared:

Thanks for the offer....will see if can get it around here first. I think you stay far from me leh. But at least your DD's teacher offer to place order via bookshop, DS say teacher tell him to try & get it........ :roll:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Same-same la babe. She told us same thing since first day of school. After gg to five different outlets during my confinement month too.. :faint: I send one summon letter to her to puhleez go n order! :rant: Apparently there were like another six or seven students who also didn have it. :roll: If I buy tomorrow I mail out to you straight away so you can get it by next working day. :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support