LEARNConcierge

Maths Assessment Books

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Imami wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Imami we have a separate shelf just for assesment books but then somehow no time go there de. Really dunno what we doung at home. very bad time mgt.

:rotflmao: 你们忙什么??

But yes, P3 is different from before and I can imagine how your dd1's P4 is like.


dd got summoned to see her er :sweat: :sweat:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 9214
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:15 pm
Total Likes: 7


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby xueyan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:57 am

Imami

For each topic you purchase a assessment book?

My English assessment that I bought is like äll in one - Grammar, Vocab, compre all in 1 book.
I have not more than 2 assessment for each subject.

Sounds like tofu boy is managing well without tuition or enrichment. Thumbs up to him and mummy!

May I sideline, how to teach Chinese composition? Any good book to recommend?

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby Imami » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 pm

xueyan wrote:Imami

For each topic you purchase a assessment book?

My English assessment that I bought is like äll in one - Grammar, Vocab, compre all in 1 book.
I have not more than 2 assessment for each subject.

Sounds like tofu boy is managing well without tuition or enrichment. Thumbs up to him and mummy!

May I sideline, how to teach Chinese composition? Any good book to recommend?

xueyan wrote:Imami

For each topic you purchase a assessment book?

My English assessment that I bought is like äll in one - Grammar, Vocab, compre all in 1 book.
I have not more than 2 assessment for each subject.

Sounds like tofu boy is managing well without tuition or enrichment. Thumbs up to him and mummy!

May I sideline, how to teach Chinese composition? Any good book to recommend?


No, I don’t have an assessment book for each topic. Come my thread to read further cos the rest of my reply is out of topic.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10984
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Maths Assessment Books

Postby speedmaths.com » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:56 am

Free Maths Book for P5 and P6 (2017) Pupils

:rahrah:

As part of our stock reorganization process, the Speed Maths Centre is pleased to offer,
to ALL Kiasuparents.com members with children in P5 or P6 (2017),
one of our Maths guide-books (usual price: $9.90) for FREE,
without any obligations to purchase anything from us.

The book currently on offer is:
PSLE Maths: Go For A* (Volume 1B)”.



Please note that this offer ends at 7 pm, on Friday 31st March 2017;
and while stocks last, so it is a case of “First Come First Served”.




Collection Procedures:


Step 1:

Please send an email (to speedmaths@gmail.com),
or SMS / WhatsApp message (to 91091506), using the code:

"FREEBOOK"


Step 2:
You will then receive a reply on the collection details.


If you know of other parents (of P5/P6 [2017] pupils) who would like a copy of the book, please let them know also.

Only ONE book per child.

Thank you and Regards



Ernest Wong
Speed Maths Centre
46 Fulton Road, S(578929)
http://www.speedmaths.com
speedmaths@gmail.com
91091506

Image

speedmaths.com
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby laughingcat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi speedmaths, do you have volume 1A?
What is the difference between the 2 volumes?

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:01 am
Total Likes: 8



Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby speedmaths.com » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:22 pm

laughingcat wrote:Hi speedmaths, do you have volume 1A?
What is the difference between the 2 volumes?


Hi,

Yes, we have limited copies of Vol 1A.

Vol 1A has 25 Shortcuts.

Vol 1B has 20 different Shortcuts.

(So total of 45 Shortcuts).

Hope this helps.

Regards


Speed Maths Centre
91091506

speedmaths.com
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby xueyan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 am

Hi

I just like to write my feedback on this book - "Must know maths problem sums and model methods".

I bought it and immediately begin my journey on maths model. It gives me a good idea on how to draw a model. I finally understand a model is to put all information in a diagram so that one can see how to solve the problem clearly.
I have read thru all examples and attempt the questions myself. With this, I am much more confident to coach ds.

Will move on to Onsponge books soon, I hope...

May I ask what assessment books are recommended for general MCQ and Section B?
I am using Maths Tutor by casco. It has lots and lots of questions which is good , but for ds who is a lazy boy, at one glance he doesn't feel like working on them because there are far too many questions.

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby bestwishes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:20 pm

xueyan wrote:Hi

I just like to write my feedback on this book - "Must know maths problem sums and model methods".

I bought it and immediately begin my journey on maths model. It gives me a good idea on how to draw a model. I finally understand a model is to put all information in a diagram so that one can see how to solve the problem clearly.
I have read thru all examples and attempt the questions myself. With this, I am much more confident to coach ds.

Will move on to Onsponge books soon, I hope...

May I ask what assessment books are recommended for general MCQ and Section B?

I am using Maths Tutor by casco. It has lots and lots of questions which is good , but for ds who is a lazy boy, at one glance he doesn't feel like working on them because there are far too many questions.


Depending on your kid's progress.
If school workbook is enough for him, choose a book with test or revision paper format, such as GLM Specimen Papers etc.
If he needs more practices for more fundamental stuff, then choose a book which is more sub-topical, such as Casco Math Tutor (yes, a lot of qns) or GLM Topical Notes, Practices n Rev Papers etc. Both have books A n B.

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby Imami » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 am

Found this in Popular Book Shop. Do you agree with their classification of the assessment books?


Image

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10984
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Maths Assessment Books

Postby xueyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 am

May I know anybody use "Challenging Maths Problem made easy"?

Is it good?

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support

LEARNConcierge