exam questions

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

exam questions

Postby 24hr-mum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm

my girl finished 2010's math exam papers almost all schs, and selected questions from 2008 (bought last time but no time to do earlier). but she told me none came out on monday's exam.

jus curious, do schools recycle questions from past year pppr? and is it from few years back and certainly not frm 1 yr ago's ppr?

i got to do cath hi sci exam 2008 ppr and she say today 1 question came out from there.

for math got so many type of questns, i wonder got any parent compile them??

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: exam questions

Postby VbusyMum » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 pm

24hr-mum wrote:

I did :lol:

VbusyMum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby peterch » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Maybe you won't find the same question but similar one :) Different item, different numbers but same method :D

By doing the past year paper, your child should be able to do quite well IMHO

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:28 am

VbusyMum wrote:
24hr-mum wrote:

how do u compile? all qns from exam papers? or just compile the ones the child cant do??

i mean compile by qn type

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby VbusyMum » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 pm

24hr-mum wrote:
VbusyMum wrote:
24hr-mum wrote:

how do u compile? all qns from exam papers? or just compile the ones the child cant do??

i mean compile by qn type

Yes, I compile those he can't do or need help. Then by topic/question type. Will then get him to redo 1 to 2 days before actual exam paper.

VbusyMum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alng » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:32 pm

The same qn is unlikely to be repeated. But qns with similar concepts and structure will usually be repeated. If after doing so many papers, a child cannot apply whatever she or he has learnt in similar qns, I am afraid that she or he has not learnt the concepts and skills. This is especially so when problem-solving skills are mainly tested in maths today.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 24hr-mum » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 pm

that is why i m still contemplating shd i send her to onsponge (or concept math) to learn the concepts and skills, or shd i compile qns myself and try to teach her myslf cos i know where are her weaknesses. but this is time consuming (i hv 3 kids) plus some prob sums are tricky to me too. plus i want to test the centre to see if shd continue in p5 n p6 where real tuition is needed

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support