WTA - How does all these Top Sch Exam Paper work?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

WTA - How does all these Top Sch Exam Paper work?

Postby BeContented » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Apparently, there are many different vendors providing the papers with some variation eg. number of schools (some more, some less) and different combination of the schools.

Q1 : Where do they get all these papers from? One main/same source?
Q2 : Who provides the answer key? How do they get it? Is the answer keys the same across all different vendors?
Q3 : Who are all these vendors? Are they just photocopy-agents?
Q4 : How do you choose yours? Did you make a comparison first? Do you 'mark blindly' or would you also attempt each question and ensure the answer is correct?

I have been ordering from one particular vendor for the last 3 years and normally would just 'mark blindly' ie. only check when my kids got their question wrong.
Just recently, I realised there was a missing section - answer key. When I asked for it, it came but with lotsa mistakes. I was naturally very upset and made noise :stompfeet: .....only then I was told they are just photocopy-agents.

Guess this is what prompted me to start wondering...... :skeptical:
I have been bo-chap for too longgggggggg........ :oops:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: WTA - How does all these Top Sch Exam Paper work?

Postby reallykiasu123 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 am

Oh, never trust their solution.

When I helped my niece buy P6 Prelim Math papers last year, I saw the vendor doing the solutions and answers himself, and he kept complaining, it is so tough, so tough ...

BeContented wrote:Apparently, there are many different vendors providing the papers with some variation eg. number of schools (some more, some less) and different combination of the schools.

Q1 : Where do they get all these papers from? One main/same source?
Q2 : Who provides the answer key? How do they get it? Is the answer keys the same across all different vendors?
Q4 : How do you choose yours? Did you make a comparison first? Do you 'mark blindly' or would you also attempt each question and ensure the answer is correct?

I have been ordering from one particular vendor for the last 3 years and normally would just 'mark blindly' ie. only check when my kids got their question wrong.
Just recently, I realised there was a missing section - answer key. When I asked for it, it came but with lotsa mistakes. I was naturally very upset and made noise :stompfeet: .....only then I was told they are just photocopy-agents.

Guess this is what prompted me to start wondering...... :skeptical:
I have been bo-chap for too longgggggggg........ :oops:

reallykiasu123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:49 am

BeContented wrote:Q1 : Where do they get all these papers from? One main/same source?

Agree with reallykiasu, never trust the answers completely.
This vendor Jeremy has his wings spread over...you can get him to deliver to your home. I bought the set with 13 schools...very much like Mcdonald's Set A, B, C :evil: Think the cheapest set is with 7 schools.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:47 pm

i know some of the ans are incorrect but it is too much work for parents to workout all the ans.... i usually trust the ans provided but only when my dd ans is wrong then i will workout my own ans.... this is when i found out the model ans are sometimes also wrong....

but there is a loophole here when both ans are the same but wrong then i will miss it.....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support