Assessment Time

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Assessment Time

Postby YJL » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:07 am

With the shopping spree of assessment books going on now, many bought a 'collection' of it :oops: With few subjects to cover, how do you plan for your children to work on it? Do a subject or various a day or by hours set aside to do?
I try to limit one assessment for one subject as I'm afraid may not be able to complete on time especially when they are pile with school work. Or it could simply be my poor time management in planning out the work for my kids. Please share how you plan assessment work along with their school schedule. Many thanks for your kind sharing :)

YJL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Assessment Time

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 am

I will ususally ask my children to do the assessment books before tests or exams. Normal days, they just need to complete their school work. There is no fixed schedule to do assessment books. Sometimes, I will also ask them to do the assessment books after a topic has been taught in school to check on their understanding.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:I will ususally ask my children to do the assessment books before tests or exams. Normal days, they just need to complete their school work. There is no fixed schedule to do assessment books. Sometimes, I will also ask them to do the assessment books after a topic has been taught in school to check on their understanding.

School hw is priority. I get him to do all-in-1 EL assessment since it includes everything that will be tested for CA/SA. After marking, I know where his area of weakness is, then reinforce using the assessment book for that weak area...cloze, comprehension, synthesis for eg.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sgeducator » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

went to bookfest last weekend and saw POPULAR promoting their go-easel assessment books on iPad. i also saw other vendors like singtel & koobitsedu are promising such assessment books.

sgeducator
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby janet88 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 pm

sgeducator wrote:went to bookfest last weekend and saw POPULAR promoting their go-easel assessment books on iPad. i also saw other vendors like singtel & koobitsedu are promising such assessment books.

Yes...Popular kept pushing their latest go-easel app...it's not cheap.
However, I still prefer having the hard copy.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support