Primary School Students - Wallet

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Primary School Students - Wallet

Postby jenao » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:50 pm

I have a question tho, not sure where to post it, how do you let your kids carry their wallet? Ds shorts does not have the belt loop where the wallet can be attached. So, do you just let him keep it in the pocket? Am afraid that he will loose it when he run/sit/jump or just misplaced it. Any suggestions?

jenao
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Stationery and School bags

Postby tankee » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:56 pm

jenao wrote:I have a question tho, not sure where to post it, how do you let your kids carry their wallet? Ds shorts does not have the belt loop where the wallet can be attached. So, do you just let him keep it in the pocket? Am afraid that he will loose it when he run/sit/jump or just misplaced it. Any suggestions?

DS's wallet is in his schoolbag. He only takes it with him when he goes for recess. Anyway, no much money in his wallet.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Primary School Students - Wallet

Postby sandunes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm

My mom bought a $1 black coin pouch (with zipper) near her mkt for ds. It's perfect as it could fit his student card, plus coins and some folded dollar notes if needed and it's not bulky like most wallets sold in Popular etc.
He wears it with an elastic band clipped to his sch shorts.

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 pm

when ds1 was going to P1, i sew a small loop (i use black thick string...something like shoe laces) on each of his PE shorts near to the waistband; he then carries his wallet in his pocket, secured by the elastic string clipped to this loop. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Pen88n » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 pm

We bought the elastic band from ABC shop or Popular. One end is a circle loop which will be attached to the wallet (If wallet has no ring attachment, we make a hole using the hole puncher). The other end is a clasp which will be attached to button hole on his shorts (even if there is a button on the button hole, it can still be attached).

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Pen88n wrote:We bought the elastic band from ABC shop or Popular. One end is a circle loop which will be attached to the wallet (If wallet has no ring attachment, we make a hole using the hole puncher). The other end is a clasp which will be attached to button hole on his shorts (even if there is a button on the button hole, it can still be attached).

ya...i did that too for his Uniform shorts. for this PE shorts, i had to sew a loop. :sweat: once on a bus, i saw a girl's PE shorts (another sch) have zipper! so convenient!

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Pen88n » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 pm

jedamum wrote:
Pen88n wrote:We bought the elastic band from ABC shop or Popular. One end is a circle loop which will be attached to the wallet (If wallet has no ring attachment, we make a hole using the hole puncher). The other end is a clasp which will be attached to button hole on his shorts (even if there is a button on the button hole, it can still be attached).

ya...i did that too for his Uniform shorts. for this PE shorts, i had to sew a loop. :sweat: once on a bus, i saw a girl's PE shorts (another sch) have zipper! so convenient!

DS sch PE shorts has a back pocket with a button and button hole. So, no need to sew :smile:

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:39 pm

My kids have pockets with either velcro or zip. Anyway, both of them bought the colorful elastic spring to secure their wallets. My daughter's wallet is not heavy...bought it from daiso...the cute canvas type with zip. Reliable and cheap.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support