science textbook publish by marshall cavendish

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

science textbook publish by marshall cavendish

Postby lotuslotus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:13 pm

I would like to ask those who their kid's school is using the science textbook publish by marshall canvendish.

Do the school do any announcement to your kid telling that there is a misleading picture (cycle book pg6, bird life cycle) where they will be a change to a new picture for the young of the bird?

the picture shown in the book was actually a young of a chick, not a bird. you can easily found the young's picture thru these link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Day_o ... ground.jpg

the publisher seem like intend to cover up their mistake and holding the announcement to the relevant school.

Pls help to ask around and kindly let me know so that i can revert to the unit which is in charge.

Thank you.

lotuslotus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: science textbook publish by marshall cavendish

Postby Marshall Cavendish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Dear parent,

With regards to the incorrect picture of the chick on My Pals are Here! Science (2nd Edition) Cycles Primary 3&4 page 6, we have amended this oversight and alerted all our adoption schools of this error. We have also provided the schools with a new page showing the correct photograph and have asked them to inform their students of the change. This was done in late January 2012. Kindly check with your child's Science teacher regarding the above-mentioned change.

For your convenience, you can also print out the new page showing the correct photograph at the link here:
http://edu.marshallcavendish.com/downlo ... eTB_p6.pdf

We appreciate your concern as a parent and encourage you to send your feedback of our books to us at mcis_mktg@sg.marshallcavendish.com.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Tan
Marketing Manager
Marshall Cavendish Education

Marshall Cavendish
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: science textbook publish by marshall cavendish

Postby lotuslotus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Dear Cheryl,

Since you quoted that MC had alerted all the adoption schools of this error by end of January,

1. Why, till to date, my kids do not received any amended print out nor announcement from her science teacher yet?

2. If school teachers do not inform their pupils, by just given a link here, how many of the text book user you think will know about this link here?

3. Is this link can be found in MC website?

4. I bother to check on MC website to find out is there any note or announcement on the page about this oversight. but disappointingly, not any was found also. Why?

5. FYI, I have check with the school teacher last week and she is not alert on this! What could it mean?

As imprecisely picture might mislead our next generation which I think a such big and well known publisher with professional and efficient editor team, should not make this kind of oversight.

Since you wrote a reply here, I appreciated if you could revert with a firm answer.

TQ.

lotuslotus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support