P4 subject Banding

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

P4 subject Banding

Postby andante » Thu May 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi all,
First of all, I am sorry that I posted this to the wrong thread !!

I have encountered this problem with the primary school (Fuhua Primary school) that my daughter (p4) is in. The school does not return the exam. scripts to the students , does not reveal mark at all. They intend to reveal only subject band for all the subjects i.e. band 1, 2 etc. Thus, we have no idea at all what mark the kid score or whether there is any error the school made. Is this normal ? I know that in report book for P4, the school will show the subject band but not mark. However, the school does not even show the marked scripts to the students ? Is it the common practice ?

andante
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby von72 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi andante,

huh??!! This is the first time i ever come across school not revealing marks and returning scripts. Is this the school practice?? Maybe you should raised your concern with the Principal. I mean how are we going to gage our child grades and know their weakness. Gosh!! :?

von72
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby snowz » Thu May 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Last edited by snowz on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

snowz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby andante » Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Yes, this is the first time that I heard of too and initially, I didn't believe it. Gosh... They are trying to avoid the disputes from the parents by not returning scripts. In fact, some chinese teacher returned the marked scripts by mistakes and there were quite a bit of mistakes !! This time around for P4, things are getting complicated as subject banding determines whether the child is taking COMBINATION of normal syllabus or foundation syllabus in their P5. Terrible right ?

andante
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support