Mr Gan exam papers

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Mr Gan exam papers

Postby ysjane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi,
Anyone tried buying Mr Gan's exam papers? His stall is situated near Jurong East MRT station, outside NTUC fairprice. I have been looking for past year exam papers (Primary School) and ever tried purchasing from other seller online with cheaper rate. The questions are actually good to practice but my main concern is the Science paper answer sheet. Sometimes the answers could not be refer to because they are not the standard answer which the school teachers are teaching. I wonder if Mr Gan's exam papers is worth buying for since his blog states that the answers are provided by experience tutors.

ysjane
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mr Gan exam papers

Postby seafield378 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am

Hi,

I purchased P6 Eng, Maths and Sci past year papers from Mr Gan last year. Some of the papers are so blurred (either due to printing issues or the master copy is blurred or sth) that the questions cannot be read properly..

As for the Science solutions.. Incomplete and inaccurate, to say the least.. I wonder if 'all answers are provided by experienced tutors' as advertised in his website is just a tactic to get parents to buy from him..

Just my two cents worth..

seafield378
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby SAHM_TAN » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I bought the P2 sets, no complaint. The best thing that I like is that all are stapled nicely.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby qwermmm » Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 am

Very poor quality control.

An English paper came with the comprehension passage but no questions (there was a blank page which should have contained the questions).

A Maths paper MCQ came with missing choices (only choices 1 & 3 are given ; choices 2 & 4 are missing). Worse still, the 2 given choices are not the correct answer!

Lots of other sloppy mistakes... Very disappointed.

qwermmm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support