Besta vs. Creative chinese e-dictionary

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Besta vs. Creative chinese e-dictionary

Postby octbride » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am

Hi mummies

There is a new besta all pass 3. Anyone bought? Which is better? Creative or besta all pass3?

octbride
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MerlionInGermany » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi,

How do I check which model has a bigger vocabulary bank?
There will be a Creative roadshow in school but the earlier posts here say Besta has a wider vocab. So wondering how to check.

Thank you.

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiasu_pig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

I bought Beste Pass2 for my P4 DS1 and he complained the screen is dim and which make the characters unclear.

I read that Hanvision PX2131 has blacklit function. Went to Popular just now, but was told I cannot open packaging and try it unless I paid for it first.

I would like to ask parents who have made past comparison between Beste Pass and Hanvision, to share your views on in term of screen brightness, character clarity and size). Thanks in advance.

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MerlionInGermany » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:22 pm

We just bought Besta All Pass 3 yesterday. It has backlight. $55 from school roadshow.

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiasu_pig » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:40 pm

kiasu_pig wrote:I bought Beste Pass2 for my P4 DS1 and he complained the screen is dim and which make the characters unclear.

I read that Hanvision PX2131 has blacklit function. Went to Popular just now, but was told I cannot open packaging and try it unless I paid for it first.

I would like to ask parents who have made past comparison between Beste Pass and Hanvision, to share your views on in term of screen brightness, character clarity and size). Thanks in advance.
Finally bought the BESTA All Pass3 from Popular this evening. One word, bright. The physical device and the layout are actually the same, short of a backlight button for Pass2. Glad i bought the Pass3. :rahrah: o

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby valiant88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 pm

New Besta all pass 3 for sale

Bought from Popular yesterday - $79.90 as my ger said she has lost hers but we found it today.

Anyone interested, please email me at yongkiang@hotmail.com

valiant88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hazelmama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:55 am

https://that8kguy.wixsite.com/home/sing ... ary-Review

Hi hi, Has anyone DD or DS tried this new kid on the block? Zz New-01, approved by SEAB. :thankyou:

Hazelmama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby chenlaoshi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Hazelmama wrote:https://that8kguy.wixsite.com/home/single-post/2017/08/29/Zzperfect10n-Chinese-EDictionary-Review

Hi hi, Has anyone DD or DS tried this new kid on the block? Zz New-01, approved by SEAB. :thankyou:

Hi Hazelmama,

One of my student got this prior to SA2. One thing I noticed was that this one didn't have the 'bonus' function as compared to that of Creative HansVision.

In Creative HansVision, if you type in the first alphabet of a common chinese idiom, it's smart enough to show you the search result. E.g. to search 三五成群 I can just key in swcc (note. common ones only but more than enough for pri/lower sec sch level).

Also, if you want to look for 诚实 and you forgot whether 实's HYPP is si or shi, you can key in chengs and a list of relevant search results (城市/程式/诚实 etc.)will pop out. If I'm not mistaken, this one can't. These mentioned 'bonuses' aren't necessary but in my opinion are good to have. :smile:

chenlaoshi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Previous

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support