Dazhong primary?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Dazhong primary?

Postby sunny08 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 am

Is there anyone to help me out by giving review about Dazhong primary school... We moved to jurong area recently.We have got seat for my child there for primary 1...
Thanks.... :?:

sunny08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Dazhong primary?

Postby alng » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Sunny08,

I do not know anything about Dazhong. What I did observe during P1 registration is that Dazhong is not a popular school among the parents but I do not know why. The only thing I know about Dazhong is that the current principal, Mrs Ng, is a good prinicpal. She used to be a VP of SCGS.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Dazhong was not popular last 2 years cos it relocated to a temporary site for 2 years. Do note that it is a neighbourhood sch so probably most neighbouring estates residents will not register if they know if the relocation. Da zhong has since moved back to bukit batok into a new building. Before they shifted, their yearly intake At one point was 150 leaving less than 40 vacancies in phase 2c. my speculation is that Maybe due to the small intake back then, people shun the sch. U should try to ask for a sch walk round. What other schs have u applied?
Last edited by jedamum on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby KSP » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm

maybe you can start off by building network in the thread below..

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... ong#p42768

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunny08 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 pm

hi friends,thanks a lot for ur replies... As we seek transfer admission of my child, there is no vacancy around any schools and we asked MOE to issue admission for my child in any school.They relied us that this is the only school that can intake my child nearby my home,though we are staying in jurong west.actually our nearby schools are shuqun,boonlay primary and rulang.. but now i dont have any choice of choosing the schools.. just follow what MOE is prescribing us... so i just want to know about the dazhong primary hoping the best for my child :smile:

sunny08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

How old is your kid?
U should take dazhong if there r no more vacancies in nearby schs. Pay those nearby schs a visit n ask for vacancies n a chance to be on their waitlist if your kid is still in lower pri cos pri sch, nearer will be more convenient. Good luck.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Champion » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:44 pm

sunny08 wrote:hi friends,thanks a lot for ur replies... As we seek transfer admission of my child, there is no vacancy around any schools and we asked MOE to issue admission for my child in any school.They relied us that this is the only school that can intake my child nearby my home,though we are staying in jurong west.actually our nearby schools are shuqun,boonlay primary and rulang.. but now i dont have any choice of choosing the schools.. just follow what MOE is prescribing us... so i just want to know about the dazhong primary hoping the best for my child :smile:

Hi sunny08 :hugs: :snuggles:
Which part of Jurong West are you staying? Are you seeking transfer for your P1 child? Maybe you can try checking Frontier Primary School @ JW St 61?
http://www.frontierpri.moe.edu.sg/conta ... remail-map

You may also read the following thread:-
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 38&t=24165

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunny08 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 pm

hi champion,i am living near lakeside MRT. I have checked at frontier also.. there is no vacancy now... i guess i have to let my child go to dazhong and put her in the waiting list at the schools nearby my house..

sunny08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby graciousbear » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:36 pm

location is a really important factor. imagine travelling to and fro everyday for the next few years...

graciousbear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support