Car pool for Poi ching primary school student

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Car pool for Poi ching primary school student

Postby amylqf » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi,

My girl is p1 @ Poi Ching school. I live in simei.

Is there any of the parents here whose child study in poi ching also live around simei area? thinking to share the resources in car pooling.

Interested, pls pm me.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AgnesMM » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 pm

My girl is also in Poi Ching P1. She is taking the school bus. Why not consider taking the school bus then?

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby amylqf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 pm

AgnesMM wrote:My girl is also in Poi Ching P1. She is taking the school bus. Why not consider taking the school bus then?

Agnes, glad to hear from you. you also live in Simei?
Which class are you child in? my girl is in 1I.

The reason why I am thinking of the car pool is because
the travel time takes more than 40 min. but if drive by ourself only takes 10 min. Then it won't be so rush for the child to take early lunch.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AgnesMM » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:10 pm

We are in Tampines Ave 1 - in fact we are several streets away from Poi Ching. School bus picks her up around 12.05pm and she reaches school in 5-7 mins time. We were initially thinking of sending her ourselves but since we are both working - timing may not be on our end. In fact, the current arrangement works well as she is the last to be pick up and first to alight when coming home.

Btw, my girl is in 1G.

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby amylqf » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:35 am

oh, yah. 12+ is reasonable.

my girl need to wait school bus @ 11:35, school start @ 12:20.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AgnesMM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 am

11.35am is pretty early - must be the first few to be picked up and probably a big bus.

Did you not see anyone around your area - in Poi Ching uniform around that 11.30ish timing? Maybe drive around the neighbourhood in that timing - unless you know where the bus pick up the kids.

I don think there is any notice board or something of that sort that you can post in the school - else it will be more helpful.

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support